Clinical Laboratory Associate 9/1/2020
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
We are currently searching for a skilled professional to join a well-known client's team as a Clinical Laboratory Associate in South San Francisco, California. The Clinical Laboratory Associate role will support the company's Pre-Analytical Laboratory with the receiving, accessioning, plasma sample processing, and storage. If you are a career-focused professional, this is the role for you.
* Verify all aspects of incoming specimens and assess acceptability for testing
* Perform and enter information into the laboratory database
* Prepare samples for testing by centrifuging and fractionation
* Portion specimens and manage sample storage inventory
* Create sample batches and print labels, label tubes, and batches
* Resolve and document incomplete or unacceptable specimens
* Complete equipment maintenance according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures
* Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled and performed
* Maintain enough inventory of material, supplies, and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties
* Check and monitor temperatures
* Participate in cross-departmental projects
* Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and train new procedures with existing personnel
* Help with internal audits and inspection preparation
* Support organizing and maintaining laboratory, equipment, personnel, and training documents
* Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
* Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer
* Provide support to the Clinical Laboratory Scientists
* Minimum of 3 years of high sample volume laboratory experience preferred
* Detailed knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations required
* Experience analyzing and solving basic issues preferred
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Computer skills and automation skills preferred
* Experience working with blood and diagnostics samples preferred
* Experience with plasma separation protocols desired
* Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in biological sciences or related field required
To be a best-fit your strengths must include:
* Strong Communicator. You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in regulatory guidelines and clinical terminology.
* Organized. You're an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
* Problem-Solvers. As an action-oriented self-starter, you're eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
* Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
* Credible. Thorough understanding of clinical methodologies and providing sound analytical support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
About Advanced Clinical
Advanced Clinical is an award-winning clinical development organization that provides global services including CRO, Functional Support, Quality & Validation, Patient Recruitment and Retention, and Strategic Talent Acquisition solutions for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a truly better clinical experience for our clients and candidates. To learn more about Advanced Clinical which has been named to Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces, Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies, and Best of Staffing Talent & Client, visit http://www.advancedclinical.com.
Regarding your application
Please know that every completed application is carefully reviewed by the Advanced Clinical recruitment team. We understand the time commitment that is needed to prepare an application, so we respect your effort by thoughtfully reviewing and responding to each application. In return, we ask for your patience as careful review takes time, and we may not be able to respond to every application immediately.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation/sexual preference, pregnancy/maternity, genetic information, marital status, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.