Clinical Nurse Coordinator Medical Surgical 8/21/2020
Plantation General Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
CLINICAL NURSE COORDINATOR-REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
Full-Time Nights FTE 0.9
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award(tm), and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance. As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) in the Medical Surgical Unit, some of your responsibilities will be to:
* Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered care.
* Exercise judgement and provides direction regarding patient care assignments using established policies/procedures.
* Operationalize evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes.
* Support the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations.
* Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
* Assist with staff scheduling.
* Manage all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
* Support proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
* Represent the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
* Lead in a way that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization.
* Support the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
* Function as a resource person for staff members.
* Provide coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance and engagement.
* Provide recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff.
* Recommend and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively superior organization.
* Resolve and/or channel employee grievances, disputes, or concerns according to appropriate procedures. Escalates issues as needed
* Support physician partnerships.
* Build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
* Deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
* Develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA.
* Lead others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives, to provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams, and to drive employee engagement.
* Make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our patients, employees, providers, community, and HCA.
* Identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors.
* Commit to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA by challenging others to excel and by holding themselves and others accountable for achieving results.
* Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients.
* Use independent judgment and decision making in the execution of supervisory responsibilities, including when considering schedules, workload, and skill mix in assigning work; rewarding, counseling, or disciplining employees; leading and developing others; and directing employees within their responsibility.
* Current RN License in the State of Florida
* Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
* Two (2) year Associate Degree (ASN) required
* Four (4) year Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred
Minimum one (1) year of applicable experience required
Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification * Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
* Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.