Clinical Nurse Specialist - Operating Room - F/T Days 6/5/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
We are seeking a clinical nurse expert to partner with the Operating Room nurses, team members, and physicians in ensuring the provision of high quality and efficient care to the community that we serve. The Clinical Nurse Specialist is responsible for formulating and delivering educational programs to the clinical and non-clinical staff in the Operating Room.
A day in the life of a Clinical Nurse Specialist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
* Providing annual educational activities to ensure that competency of the Operating Room nursing team
* Partnering with the Nurse Manager of the Operating Room in developing educational and quality initiatives that will drive improvements
* Providing ongoing mentorship of the Operating Room Team
* Actively participating in the provision of direct care to the adults, children, and infants seeking care in the Operating Room
* Participating on hospital and system-wide committees with the goal of continually improving the care and service that we provide to our patients and families
* Monitoring and continually evaluating the quality of care provided
* Providing monthly reports to Nursing Leadership outlining the progress of educational initiatives
* Representing JSUMC at community-wide events
* Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
* MSN or Master's Degree in a health-related field is required
* Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification is required
* ACLS required
* Previous perioperative nursing experience is required
* Experience in a nurse educator role is strongly preferred
* Certified Operating Room Nurse (CNOR) is strongly preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.