Clinical Nursing Assistant (CNA)- Float Pool 8/21/2020
Southern Maine Health Care
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
* POSITION SUMMARY
* The health care work force of the future should have the knowledge and skills to provide patient-centered, community-focused, cost-effective, clinically- effective, coordinated care. To do these things successfully, the work force must be competent, flexible, and adaptive to changes in health care delivery and technology. Under the direction of an R.N., functions as a team member by performing delegated patient care activities and related non- professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. Performs a variety of tasks including cleaning of care areas, stocking and disposal of linen and materials supply to ensure assigned areas are kept clean and adequately supplied.
* REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* High School graduate or equivalent preferred
* Completion of a nurse's aide training course approved by the Maine State Board of Nursing preferred.
* State of Maine C.N.A license required.
* One year experience in an acute care setting desirable.
* BLS Certification (obtain within 6 months of hire).
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.