Clinical Nursing Assistant (CNA) Speciaty Care Unit, SCU 6/4/2020
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
FOR A LIMITED TIME THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $2500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Eligible candidates will have greater than 2 years (24 months) of CNA work experience.
*Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.*
* During this time CNA II hires (1+ plus year(s) of experience) are eligible for Featured level Employee Referral bonus ($1000 for full time hires, prorated for part time/per diem). CNA I hires (less than 1 year of experience) will be eligible for standard level Employee Referral bonus: $500 for full time hires, prorated for part time/per diem.
* Position Summary
* Under the supervision of a Registered Nurses and according to defined policies and procedures, performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Participates in ongoing education relative to role as defined.
* License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
* Experience: CNA experience 0-6 months. On-the-job training provided.
* Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationship with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
* Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider's orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
* Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.