Clinical Psychologist 8/1/2020
U.S. Air Force
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Clinical Psychologist
U.S. Air Force
If you re ready to take your practice to a bigger stage, consider becoming a Clinical Psychologist for the U.S. Air Force. Our Clinical Psychologists have the enormous responsibility of ensuring our Airmen live up to their full potential. You ll work in state-of-the-art medical facilities around the world, using the latest techniques to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of psychological conditions. In addition to amazing medical career-advancing opportunities, you ll have the opportunity to work in a team environment with some of the most highly trained professionals in medicine.
* Diagnose and treat the full spectrum of psychological conditions within a multidisciplinary setting.
* Supervise mental health personnel.
* Implement mental health programs.
* Collaborate with other agencies to offer prevention programs and organizational consultations.
The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
* 30 days of vacation with pay each year
* Outstanding healthcare coverage for you and your family
* Food and housing assistance
* Generous retirement program
* Continuing medical education opportunities
* Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
This is an active-duty position as an Air Force officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
* At a minimum, applicants must hold a doctorate degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from the American Psychological Association (APA) as well as completion of an APA-approved psychology internship.
* A valid and current unrestricted state-issued license to practice clinical or counseling psychology in a U.S. state, territory or the District of Columbia
* Completion of eight-week Officer Training School
* Must be a U.S. citizen between the ages of 18 and 41
* Must be willing to relocate
About the Air Force
The mission of the U.S. Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers from healthcare to engineering in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation.