Clinical Research Recruitment Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONExperience and Education
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three (3) years clinical research experience, including at least one (1) year focused in patient recruitment and retention strategy, required. Current knowledge of FDA regulations required.
Responsible for the execution and day to day operations of UT Southwestern campus wide clinical trial participant programs and provide guidance to department specific programs across campus. Supports the UT System centralized clinical research program. Understands the protocol and criteria of studies to determine the specific patient population needs, develops a recruitment plan, and executes it.
* Works with the Office of Clinical Research and other departments to develop and execute community engagement and study recruitment plans/strategies and to determine strategic positioning of the recruitment, retention, and outreach program within the overall research program.
* Serves as subject matter expert providing assistance to other research departments around recruitment, outreach, and retention practices and strategies.
* Manages the identification, evaluation, and selection of appropriate partner/vendor(s) to develop recruitment and retention strategies/tactics.
* Assesses published and public literature regarding best practices for recruitment, retention, and outreach. Update trainings, SOPs, and policies to best reflect current research and best practices.
* Develops, presents, and facilitates recruitment, retention, and outreach training sessions as needed including study team training, and meeting presentations and workshops.
* Actively seeks input from other departments on campus for process improvements, implement process improvement initiatives, and communicate these initiatives to campus.
* Manages, monitors and evaluates recruitment program metrics and timelines to deliver program deliverables on schedule.
* Collaborates with Professionals in the Clinical Research Unit (CRU) at UTSW.
* Comprehends clinical research protocols with an emphasis on inclusion/exclusion criteria as well as HIPPA compliance, human subjects research regulations, and Good Clinical Practice Guidelines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Work requires excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Work requires strong organizational, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
* Work requires ability to read, write, analyze data, develop plans and procedures, and coordinate resources to accomplish goals.
* Work requires knowledge of Human Resource Protection Program regulations.
* Work requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
* Work requires ability to easily adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Work is performed primarily in office area.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimum require prior approval of the Vice President of Human Resources or his/her designee.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.