Clinical Sales Specialist, Interventional Cardiology & Radiology - Seattle, WA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/18/2020
END DATE 2/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Seattle, WA, US
Expected Travel: Up to 50%
REQUISITION ID: 1983
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner and Turnpike Catheters, AC3 Optimus Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients lives. POSITION SUMMARY
The Clinical Sales Specialist will be responsible for the promotion of the safe and effective use of Teleflex s new breakthrough product for large bore closure. The Clinical Sales Specialist role will be instrumental in driving adoption, utilization, and sales revenues by providing superior sales support, case coverage and product education to both customers and sales representatives. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide sales and/or clinical support to promote and sell Teleflex s large bore closure product.
* Effectively deploy clinically relevant product features/benefits and economic justification using existing selling tools to each customer situation to define the value of our product offerings.
* Conduct product demonstrations and inservices to physicians and other medical personnel to educate them on the safe and effective use of the product.
* Provide case coverage for physicians conducting product evaluations and first cases with products as they move to becoming consistent users and customers.
* Develop and implement a proactive plan that involves sales and/or clinical support with the Regional Sales Manager and team members, to achieve sales goals and increase the quality of service to customers.
* Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager and sales representatives in evaluating business conditions and sales trends.
* Work with Marketing, R&D, and Clinical Medical Affairs team to provide ongoing education and training updates, field intelligence on competitive products, market activity, effective clinical support techniques, as well as input on customer preferences and product features.
* Comprehensive product knowledge with the ability to utilize sales techniques in a clinical setting.
* Support Cardiology conferences and Society meetings, workshops, and other marketing events as requested scheduled by management.
* Work in the Interventional Cardiology or Interventional Radiology lab on a day to day basis to drive evaluations, adoption, and use of product throughout assigned area.
* Facilitate resolutions to customer questions or complaints.
* Build robust relationships with medical staff.
* Complete necessary reports and administrative tasks as needed (i.e. expense reports, competitive updates, sales force.com).
* Manage time and asset costs effectively.
* Regional travel as necessary to support the needs of the business. (approximately 50% travel)
* Perform other duties as requested. This may include (but not limited to) supporting Teleflex s complex PCI portfolio.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree preferred. Associate Degree and a minimum of 3 years of Cardiac Catheterization Lab experience.
* Experience of working in Cath labs with any of the following product lines; Structural heart products, Aortic Valve replacement any other product-related to femoral arteries or closure of arteries. Experience with complex PCI strongly preferred.
* Self-directed, able to work independently and ability to handle multiple projects concurrently & function in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
* Previous sales experience strongly preferred.
* Strong problem solving/analytical skills and effective presentation skills.
* Excellent organizational skills, strong communicative, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are required.
* Proficiency with computer technology and Microsoft Office tools, including iPhone and Ipad platforms.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to deliver complex and technical subject matter to clinicians in a hospital or clinical setting.
* Ability to handle difficult conversations/situations.
* Possess excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills.
* Stand, walk or sit in meetings or with customers for 6 -- 10 hours per day, up to five (5) days per week.
* Interact with others through effective, verbal and written communication.
* Possess a valid driver s license and operate a motor vehicle with satisfactory driving record.
* Carry detail bag weighing up to 20 lbs.
* Lift equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
* Strong interpersonal skills while discussing products and procedures with customers.
* Meet all vendor credentialing requirements.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow , Deknatel , Hudson RCI , LMA , Pilling , R sch , UroLift and Weck trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, R sch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/