Clinical Supv-Outpatient - Care Network Cobbs Creek
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2019
END DATE 8/27/2019
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBBS CRK - Care Network-Cobbs Creek Req ID: 27312
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time JOB SUMMARY
The Clinical Nurse Supervisor provides leadership and direct day to day supervision of staff. Responsible for assuring delivery of safe, efficient, cost effective, age specific nursing care. Responsible for and deploys unit strategies designed to meet defined unit and CHOP clinical, financial and quality initiatives and associated performance and outcome targets. Effectively supervises staff. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Executes and monitors systems to assure consistent and appropriate resource assignment and utilization.
* Responsible for maintaining budgeted cost per unit of service.
* Partners with nurse manager to identify and execute annual unit based quality improvement initiatives that result in a measurable impact on quality, cost and resource utilization.
* Assures efficient and cost effective utilization of Hospital resources at the unit level for day to day operations, clinical programming and unit based education.
* Implements systems that incorporate evidenced-based practice and professional practice standards.
* Assures regulatory compliance i.e., environmental, financial, practice, safety, and technological compliance.
* Partners with Clinical leaders to execute the action plans for measurable continuous improvement in care outcomes.
* Executes unit plans to improve patient/family experience by identifying trends, and establishing systems to improve.
* Partners with frontline staff to coordinate all facets of patient care planning.
* Ensures staff compliance to systems that promote quality, efficient and cost effective care.
* Resources daily operations to ensure nursing sensitive indicator metrics are at or above the mean of comparison units.
* Resources all elements of patient care.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement and develops an action plan to improve patient outcomes.
* Coaches and supports unit based nursing leaders in effective management and leadership strategies.
* Manages staff performance through coaching, counseling, goal setting, anecdotal and annual appraisals.
* Coordinates with other CHOP care team colleagues to support continuous and measurable improvement in systems and process, further engaging staff in their environment.
* Establishes innovative staff recognition programs that acknowledge staff accomplishment at the unit/program level.
* Assesses individual and team needs and deploys strategies that foster the succession plan for the team.
* Aligns resources to assure comprehensive support of the Shared Governance structure; coaches and facilitates staff participation on unit/departmental councils.
* Creates a unit work climate which achieves high level employment engagement as measured through department specific metrics.
* Leads collaborative efforts for patient population based outcomes through clinical practice, education, research/evidence-based practice, and consultation.
* Provides opportunities to allow staff to practice at the full scope of their licensure.
* Assists in developing and deploys systems that assure consistent and appropriate resources for patient management.
* Sets goals with employee to support development.
* Supports evidence-based practice by leading and supporting system improvements and measuring outcomes with concise metrics.
Innovation and Learning
* Supports and resources evidence-based practice planning and implementation of educational program/projects.
* Promotes evidence-based practice and generates research ideas.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
RN - Registered Nurse
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: BSN. Graduation from an ACEN and/or CCNE accredited school of nursing or college.
* 1 3 years of progressive leadership experience.
* Demonstrated skills in human relations, human & material resource management.
* Evidence of ability to provide exceptional clinical and administrative nursing leadership.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Demonstrates the ability to facilitate change, excellent communication
* Critical thinking/analytic abilities
* Planning and organization/long and short term
* Problem solving
* Ability to influence/Change agent
* Conflict management
* Self-motivation/professional development
* Colleague development
* Organizational sensitivity
* Patient care equipment used in area
* Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
* Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
* Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
* Use of shared network file space.
* Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
* Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
* Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
* Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
* Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
* Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
Information Management Literacy
* Navigation of the electronic health record system.
* Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
* Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
* Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
* Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146