Cloud Architect 6/4/2020
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY STANLEY Healthcare provides enterprise solutions that transform the operations, asset management and patient safety of healthcare organizations. We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Architect to join our Engineering team.
STANLEY Healthcare provides over 5,000 acute care hospitals and 12,000 long-term care organizations with enterprise solutions that transform safety, security and operational efficiency. The STANLEY Healthcare solution set enables customers to achieve organizational excellence and superior care in five critical areas: Patient Safety, Security & Protection, Environmental Monitoring, Clinical Operations & Workflow and Supply Chain & Asset Management. These solutions are complemented by consulting, training, implementation and integration services. STANLEY Healthcare is proud to be part of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. For more information, visitwww.stanleyhealthcare.com.
As a Cloud Architect, you will be responsible to architect, design, develop and maintain a leading-edge solution designed for the Healthcare, and the industrial space. Projects include asset management, environmental monitoring, patient protection, staff distress, and others. You will work with a global, diverse team and will help to design and build the technology platform required to meet our customers needs.
* Architect, design, and develop some of the most challenging problems in the digital industrial space including cloud application development, IoT, advanced analytics and data visualization.
* Design and implement cloud applications for internal users and customers using cloud services, modern development tools and practices.
* Work with other developers to create proof of concept implementations to demonstrate capabilities and retire technical risks.
* Understand performance, security and scalability requirements, and build systems to meet those requirements.
* Lead secure design and development practices to ensure data and application security.
* Develop application cost models and optimize solutions for cost and performance.
* Conduct architecture, design and code reviews and contribute to other product development activities and artifacts.
* Bachelor s Degree
* 5+ years of professional experience in building enterprise applications
* 3+ years of experience:
* Working in a cloud environment (AWS or Google Cloud)
* Working with serverless, containerization, and microservices
* Taking projects through all development stages including architecture, design, maintenance, and support; Preferably in an agile environment
* Developing for security threats using secure development practices
* Java programming experience
* 1+ year of web development experience
* Certified AWS cloud architect
* Experience with IoT standards and platforms, machine learning and other Digital technologies.
* Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, TDD/BDD, software design patterns and coding principles.
* Experience with common development practices including CI/CD pipelines, test automation, agile development, distributed version control, code reviews etc.
* Experience in working with remote development teams across multiple time zones.
* Initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
* Able to develop a detailed understanding of issues and present clear rationale for design decisions.
* Ability to mentor and guide team members.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Experience with database technologies such as MS-SQL No-SQL etc.
* Experience with IoT systems.
* Understanding of security threats and secure development practices such as data encryption and least privilege access controls.
* Demonstrated ability to break down problems, architect solutions and estimate efforts.
* Angular application experience
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law