Cloud Engineer 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Alethix LLC is seeking an AWS/Cloud Engineer to support a project at a Federal Government client in the Fairfax, VA area.
* Work closely with key users and project teams to gather requirements, create APIs, mapping, design specifications, data models, and data flow diagrams to meet business needs
* Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues
* Lead the architecture and enabling technologies strategy for data enablement for the organization.
* Lead the technical planning and requirements gathering phases to estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver cutting-edge solutions.
* Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the client environment
* Solid understanding of REST, containerization, polyglot programming, caching, as well as Event-Driven and Microservice-based architectures
* Real-world experience designing, developing and defending a modern distributed compute platform at scale (Kubernetes/OpenShift)
* Expertise with AWS Services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, S3
* Active DoD Secret Clearance.
* Bachelor s degree required (in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field
* Minimum 8 Years of total IT experience in Java with 2-5 years of hands-on experience developing and implementing AWS Cloud-based Applications
* Strong hands-on experience with DevSecOps
* Skilled problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
* Knowledge and experience in developing software using Agile practices.
* Solid understanding of use cases for relational and non-relational data and experience writing code against several different database platforms (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Oracle, SQL Server)
* Comfortable writing code in multiple languages, confident in choosing the right strongly or dynamically typed language for the job. Preferred language familiarity: Java, Python
* Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
* Powerful and prolific written and verbal communicator
* Must be a US citizen.
We are driven by our commitment to our clients and to our employees. If you are looking for a new opportunity, we would love to have you join our team!
Alethix, LLC is a growing company. We are a leading-edge Information Infrastructure Transformation Services company committed to delivering agile and effective solutions by leveraging the latest technology innovations and industry best practices.
Our team leverages decades of past experience across U.S. federal agencies and the commercial sector to deliver practical solutions to meet the business- and mission-critical challenges of our clients.
Every project we undertake is guided by our methodology of success. This proven methodology focuses on understanding our clients business needs, developing strategic solutions, incorporating evolving requirements throughout implementation, and delivering quality and cost-effective solutions.
Alethix, LLC uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States. Alethix, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.