This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/14/2019
END DATE 1/15/2020
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The Chief Nursing Information Officer (CNIO) supports and sustains the mission and vision of the organization, Information Systems, and Patient Care Services; providing leadership for the nursing and allied health information systems. The CNIO is responsible for strategic and operational leadership that accomplishes the organization's priorities for information systems funding, development, implementation, and utilization and the integration of clinical informatics with clinical work processes to enable excellence in patient care services and assure compliance with regulatory standards. The CNIO sustains strong, collaborative relationships with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO), the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Associate CIO, the Senior Directors of Information Systems (IS) and IS Security, and the Chief Research Information Officer to provide leadership for the inter-professional team in all facets of information system, data, and information management; supporting clinical operations, quality, and safety in patient and family centered care.
* Master's Degree
* 7 or more years experience in clinical and information systems leadership
* Doctorate in Nursing Practice or PhD preferred
* Expert understanding and ability to effectively use EHR
* Expert personal computing and software skills
* Current multi-state professional nursing license in Missouri or Kansas required
* Specialty Nursing Certification ANCC Nursing Informatics or Nursing Executive Leadership required