This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/6/2020
END DATE 7/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
This position will be responsible for providing engineering related support to various production departments to assist with: developing and/or updating existing operating manuals for equipment and employee training documents and procedures; equipment performance metrics (i.e. downtime and waste reduction) and quality improvements. The position is available in May 2020 through September 2020.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Assist in writing standard operating procedures, training procedures and good manufacturing and food safety processes
* Lead one or more projects that will be started and completed within the summer
* Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis process to identify cause and determine correction actions.
* Assist in maintaining and modifying existing equipment, make-ready processes and control systems
* Provide engineering support for to other departments as needed
* Present a summary of projects completed to the site leadership team at the end of the internship
* Comfortable working in a union manufacturing environment that meets good manufacturing and food safety standards
* Desire to work on projects and ability to work independently
* Leadership skills
* Good analytical skills with attention to detail
* Strong oral and written communication abilities
* Ability and desire to work in a team environment
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Paper Science, Packaging, or related Engineering discipline
* GPA of 3.0 or greater preferred
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.