Coding Specialist III - INPAT (PRN - Remote - 2 Positions)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Duties
1. Responsible for coding concurrent or retrospective inpatient accounts using ICD-10 CM/PCS, in compliance with the Official Coding Guidelines and conventions.
2. Accurately identifies most appropriate Admit Diagnosis, Principal Diagnosis, and Procedure for the DRG, and all secondary diagnoses to accurately reflect all CC/MCC's, POA status, and Severity of Illness and Risk of Mortality.
3. Accurately abstracts required data elements including, discharge disposition, discharge destination, procedure dates and physician(s), and other designated data. .
4. a) Identifies when a physician query is appropriate for further clarification. b) Recognizes when the documentation is missing or incomplete and routes appropriately. c) Completes review and final coding when query and/or documentation is available. .
5. Maintain the Quality Standards set by UTSW/HIM Coding.
6. Maintain the Productivity Standards set by UTSW/HIM Coding.
7. Mentor/train on designated coding service lines as requested to ensure quality.
8. Maintains an expert level of knowledge of coding related guidelines and practices.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
Preferred Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree in Health Information Management and/or closely related field. Required three to five (3-5) years acute hospital based coding experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Experience working in a remote environment preferred; required for PRN Coders.\n\n- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)\n\n - Preferred knowledge of 3M 360 and EPIC