Combat Systems Air Warfare Inspector - Secret Clearance 6/5/2020
SAN DIEGO, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
WANTED: A mission-driven professional with an Active
Secret clearance to become our TMIT Combat Systems Air
Warfare Inspector working in San Diego, CA.
As a Combat Systems Air Warfare Inspector, you will:
* Be responsible for providing material inspections of
AEGIS Command and Decision (CND) and associated
weapons systems, focused on material assessment
support and crew training.
* As a collateral responsibility, will be required to
possess, or develop, a working knowledge of Ship s
Self-Defense System (SSDS) installed on Navy ships
and support assessments & inspections in Operations
and Weapons functional areas as needed.
* Inspect Pacific Fleet Ships, located both CONUS and
OCONUS, and preparing for INSURV Material
Inspections and execution of TYCOM Readiness Events
as a representative of CNSP N45.
* Join a leading company with over 40 years in the
* Receive robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Join a team of dedicated professionals who care
about the quality of our product
* Be a part of an empowered accountability culture
where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in
the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Combat Systems Air Warfare
* Provide support to Surface Type Commander N45
Material Inspection Team.
* Will be expected to provide support in Operations
and Weapons functional areas as needed.
* Act as the Lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the
close observation of Air Defense (AD) and Self
Defense (SD) Detect-to-Engage (DTE) events and
prepare written and verbal reports to N45 Type
* The individual will assist in developing and
maintaining currency of the TMI policy, organization
of shipboard Inspections, liaison with ships
undergoing inspection, and providing standard
processes and procedures consistent with Board of
Inspection and Survey (INSURV) material inspection
* The candidate will participate in shipboard TMIs,
prepare, and provide written assessments of material
condition, crew knowledge, and C5I readiness, in
support of INSURV preparations and routine
* The candidate will serve as liaison between CNSP and
the waterfront Support Activities, for technical
support in the conduct of inspections, and liaison
with INSURV staff, to ensure that the TMI process
mirrors INSURV, and that TMIT personnel inspect to
the same standards as INSURV.
* Participate in post-inspection/INSURV Hot-wash
events to capture Lessons Learned and process
issues, to improve combat readiness.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine,
"BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY
FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com
* 20 years experience with AEGIS and all supporting
* Highly skilled, experienced former U.S. Naval
Officers or senior Naval enlisted (CPO/SCPO/MCPO)
with tours as INSURV and TMIT inspectors.
* ISIC/TYCOM Staff, or Afloat Training Group members
are encouraged to apply.
* Relevant experience in new construction ships,
modernization programs, AEGIS Weapons System,
Combatant/Amphibious ships Combat Systems Officer,
Electronics Material Officer, Systems Test Officer
or membership in ships Combat Systems Training Team
are all highly desired.
* Experience as a Systems Test Officer (STO) or Combat
Systems Maintenance Manager (CSMM) is highly favored
* Possess and Active Secret Clearance
* This position requires approximately 50% travel.
skilled, experienced former U.S. Naval officers or
CPO/SCPO/MCPO with tours as INSURV inspectors, TMIT
inspectors, ISIC/CLASSRON N6 Staff, or Afloat Training
Group members are encouraged to apply. Relevant
experience in new construction ships,
Combatant/Amphibious ship s Combat Systems Officer,
Systems Test Officer or Combat Systems/Operations
Division Officer, or membership in ship s Combat Systems
Training Team are all highly desired attributes.