Commercial Account Manager, Derwent 5/6/2020
Clarivate Analytics US LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The role of the Commercial Account Manager is to manage an existing list of accounts to achieve the desired retention rates and new business targets. This role will be located in the Chandler, AZ office and report into the Commercial Sales Manager for the Derwent product. This is a great opportunity for an energetic Account Manager to effectively renew a list of existing accounts for the Derwent business, seek out upsell opportunities and new customers.
* To achieve/exceed territory sales plan by actively prospecting for new customers along with renewing and upselling current customers
* Forecast accurately to your direct manager with constant communication throughout each month
* Work efficiently with customers and leads to ensure you are following Clarivate s sales cycle that includes a define process in Salesforce.
* Be constantly learning and improving upon your understanding of the relevant set of Clarivate Analytics products that are sold to the user base.
* Ensure you have a strong understanding of competitor products and services and how we can successfully position ourselves against them.
* Actively participate in team meetings and events and share your customer, product and sales knowledge with the wider team.
* Maintain adequate telephone and MS Teams meeting volumes as defined by Sales Management.
* Responsible for creating and updating account profiles, providing quotes and booking deals in Salesforce.com.
* Identify potential targets and contact lists for core job roles within existing clients
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
* A self-starter who is not afraid of taking the initiative and generating their own ideas on how to find
and grow new business * Persistent and motivated to overachieve against target
* Excellent sales, account management and leadership skills
* Great organization and time management skills
* General knowledge and understanding of utilizing SFDC
* The ability to work well within a team environment
* Desire to grow in your career and work in a fast pace environment
* Previous experience in Information Technology and Services, Legal Services, Pharmaceuticals, and Information Services field would be a bonus
* Experience in the Intellectual Property and trademark protection is a plus
* 4-year undergraduate college degree or relevant work experience including 2 years of sales experience
* Positive & friendly attitude
* Curious, flexible and competitive
* Enthusiastic and energetic self-starter
* Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
* Proficiency in MS Teams, Salesforce.com, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications is preferred
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.