Commercial Director 11/2/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (NYSE: SWM) ( SWM or the Company ) is a publicly-traded, multinational, diversified engineered materials company which conducts business in over 90 countries and operates 23 production locations worldwide. Operating locations include the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Luxembourg, Brazil, China, Belgium and Poland. SWM operates in two business segments, Advanced Materials & Structures and Engineered Papers, with consolidated revenues at $1 billion.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Commercial Director is responsible for translating market knowledge into effective sales strategies for growth in assigned markets and industry segments across all product lines within the SWM portfolio.
* Develop and implement strategic sales plans to support growth objectives through accurate sales projections, budgeting, operational planning, marketing and pricing strategies.
* Responsibility to develop account management plan that includes maintaining existing business by managing existing product portfolios to maximize sales revenue, margins and profitability while driving incremental volume and revenue by identifying and prioritizing best prospects and markets to pursue to drive growth.
* Identify and coordinate product development from conception to commercialization stage using the new product development process.
* Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates; forecasts sales activities and assists in setting performance goals accordingly.
* Prepares sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
* Represents Company at trade shows, speaking engagements and association meetings to promote product and company.
* Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition developing strategies to capitalize on sustainable competitive advantages.
* Additional duties as assigned
* Travel up to 40% (domestic or international)
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college preferably in marketing, business or engineering a
* 10+ years of progressive business or sales management experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
* MBA preferred
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail - ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
* Technical product knowledge and a solid understanding of the industry
* Proven ability to develop and implement sales strategies to meet expected goals
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.