Commercial Managed Care Contracting Lead 1/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HELP US TRANSFORM PATIENTS\' LIVES.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe diseases. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Contracts and Pricing Team in Smyrna, Georgia, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of Commercial Managed Care Contracting Lead.
As a Commercial Managed Care Contracting Lead you will provide in-depth pricing and managed care market analysis to provide insights into business drivers and performance, with special emphasis in the Big 3: Express Scripts, Optum, and CVS Caremark. The Senior Manager will assist in the development of managed care contract forecasts, develop and leverage contract performance assessments, and participate in contract review and negotiations.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
* Develop, refine and own financial models to support managed care contracting decisions, including modeling and analysis of innovative payer / insurance contracts.
* Innovate pricing and forecasting techniques using multiple data sources including patient level data.
* Assists in contract negotiations ensuring alignment of terms and conditions across Managed Markets, Legal, Contracting, Government Pricing & Reimbursement, and Brand Teams.
* Partners with Managed Markets field team to identify ideal contracting options and alternative contracting options.
* Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding the continuation / termination of existing contracts based on profitability and contract performance
You will contribute by:
* Incorporation of customer rebate, chargeback data and additional data sources (IMS NSP, IMS NPA, IMS Plantrak, anonymous patient-level data, rebate data, Trade, Ex-Factory data) to develop strongest analysis for decision making.
* Working with Forecasting, Contracting, and Gross to Net Team to build models, contracting assumptions, analogs, and forecasts to support contracting decisions and analysis of key contract performance indicators
* Partner with Payer & Pricing Analysis to leverage dashboards and reports to characterize contract opportunities accurately
* Partner with Payer & Pricing Analysis and Rebates team to leverage dashboards and reports to characterize Payer Accounts accurately
* Completes special projects and other duties as assigned
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, Statistics, or related field. MBA Preferred or equivalent relevant experience
* 5+ Years of demonstrated success in analysis and modeling,
* Proven success in developing, implementing and interpreting advanced analytical models in a commercial setting
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to consolidate complex concepts or calculations into meaningful internal dashboards and communications for internal stakeholder and Senior Management
* Preferred minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical experience in Managed Care or Market Research ….
* Comprehensive understanding of complex pharmaceutical data sources and the ability to leverage data in complex analysis
* Must be able to identify potential problems, conduct analysis and use judgment to determine if problem exists
* Leading or Managing a team or squad
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you'll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees - just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
Employees are generally required to have been in their current position for twelve months before becoming eligible to apply for internal job opportunities. Furthermore, employees must be in good standing to apply for open positions. Employees may not be on any type of written disciplinary process such as Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), warning, final warning, or compliance warning letters within the twelve months.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran