Commercial Real Estate Paralegal 8/23/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY SUMMARY
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Performs administrative tasks to support timely escrow closings and title recordings for transactions ranging from single site to high-liability multi-site commercial real estate transactions. Conducts title research to compiles chain of title. Creates title files and prepares endorsements and supplemental documents. Responsible for all new order entry and fulfillment, paperless file setup, order tracking, invoicing (initial search and all updates), escrow accounting functionality and post-closing functions. Investigates and interprets tax records in order to determine tax liability. Creates title files, documenting all research.
* Support Closers/Transaction Managers with closing commercial real estate transactions by assisting with administering escrow accounts, making deposits, issuing checks, building and disbursing wires, preparing invoices, routing title comments and underwriting requests, ordering title and tax updates, and assembling and calculating pricing information, recording fees and transfer tax information
* Searches, examines and interprets real estate documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, assignments and reconveyances, subdivision maps, assessor parcel maps, moderately complex metes and bounds legal descriptions, section and lot and block from direct base working directly with title officer, marketing and escrow team
* Uses research to create and maintain files, records and reports
* Audits calculations and legal documents for accuracy
* Communicates recording information and prepares legal property documents such as endorsements and supplementals
* Communicates professionally with all customers
* Collects and collates legal research and information from a wide variety of sources
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Strong time management skills
* Proficient in MS Office.
* Familiarity with several office software packages which include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and desktop publishing applications
* Fluency in company operating systems (i.e., FAST proprietary title and escrow platform)
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills
* Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
* Strong detail orientation
* College Degree preferred
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 2+ years title industry or Paralegal experience, specifically in Commercial
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..