Commercial Sales Manager, Derwent
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/3/2020
END DATE 7/2/2020
Clarivate Analytics US LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONClarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The role of the Commercial Sales Manager is to lead a team of inside Account Managers located in the Chandler, AZ office. This leadership position is responsible for the development of the Account Managers to ensure they achieve their goals which will include retention and new sales growth targets. This is a great opportunity for an energetic leader to effectively coach his/her team in achieving the desired results for the Derwent business.
* To achieve/exceed territory sales plan by achieving the desired retention targets and upsell opportunities through leading a team of Account Managers.
* Be constantly learning and improving upon your understanding of the relevant set of Clarivate Analytics products that are sold to the user base.
* Ensure you have a strong understanding of competitor products and services and how we can successfully position ourselves against them in both the IP & Science space.
* Actively participate in team meetings and events and share your customer, product and sales knowledge with the wider team.
* Set a regular cadence for 1:1 meetings, team meetings & coaching sessions
* Develop bench strength for the other parts of the sales organization by developing your talent and identifying top performers
* Responsible for accurate sales forecasting using Salesforce and Tableau systems on a monthly, quarterly basis.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
* A self-starter who is not afraid of taking the initiative and generating their own ideas on how to find
and grow new business * A quick learner who has the motivation to learn a complex and dynamic business unit
* Persistent and motivated to overachieve against target
* Excellent sales leadership skills with a coaching mindset
* Great organization and time management skills
* The ability to develop, coach and manage the performance of a sales team
* Desire to grow in your career and work in a fast pace environment
* Previous experience in Information Technology and Services, Legal Services, and Information Services field would be ideal
* Experience in the Intellectual Property and Patent workflow is a plus
* 4-year undergraduate college degree and a minimum 2 years management experience
* Curious, flexible and competitive
* Excellent negotiating, organizational and communication skills
* Enthusiastic and energetic self-starter
* Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
* Proficiency in MSTeams, Salesforce.com, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications is preferred
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.