This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/21/2019
END DATE 3/28/2020
Loyola University Of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Details
Chicago-Water Tower Campus
UNIV MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
UNIVERSITY MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
IS THIS SPLIT AND/OR FULLY GRANT FUNDED*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general direction the specialist assists in the development of various communication materials for the university with a special emphasis on campus safety and student engagement communications.
The specialist is responsible for managing a variety of communication activities, with a focus on developing and executing internal communications and assisting with public and media relations projects. The specialist promotes University events and initiatives internally and externally, and assists with issues and crisis management planning and implementation. All initiatives are to enhance the image and reputation of Loyola through compelling messaging to various stakeholders. The specialist serves on a team and reports to the Director of Communciations.
-On point to develop internal communication assets and content for various internal channels (including Rambler Buzz for students) and various University web pages especially campus safety and student engagement initiatives
-Manage the University s digital screens; assign, review, edit, and post content on screens across campuses; work with designers tasked with designing content
-Oversee the University calendar; approve event submissions, confirm that key University events especially student and campus safety events are included, and ensure language follows UMC s Style Guide
-Draft and monitor internal communications calendar that promotes campus safety and student engagement ensuring that scheduled tasks and projects are successfully completed and strategically timed
-Build and implement an internal communication strategy that bolsters Loyola s brand, promotes safety on and off campuses, engages students and that supports the efforts of important internal University stakeholders
- Coordinate and provide on-site communication support for various University events, press conferences, and other PR initiatives
- Participate in issues management and crisis communication planning and implementation
- On point for all student media and other assigned media relations projects; cultivate and maintain relationships with reporters, producers, and other media contacts as relevant; fulfill inquiries from members of the media seeking third-party experts; support story ideation and pitching
- Handle daily media tracking responsibilities for the University; distribute regular media briefings; develop media coverage reports for various departments, centers, and administrators of the University; conduct ongoing competitive monitoring
-Develops and deploys Clery required Campus Safety Alerts with Campus Safety command and develops and deploys other educational and awareness communication
May supervise student interns; support their work and content creation for Rambler Buzz both the website and social media
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree in related field and two five years of related experience.
- A background in and experience with internal communications and drafting and
implementing an internal communications plan that informs the community and builds the organizational brand
-A background in generating and pitching story ideas, arranging and managing interview logistics, creating media lists, handling media monitoring, and researching interview opportunities for spokespeople, etc.
- A working knowledge of media (especially student media) and experience in communication through various mediums is a must.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills; must have experience with different types of writing: internal communications, web content, articles, press releases, pitches, social media, etc.
- Working knowledge of Clery Acts periodic and annual reporting requirements
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate with numerous teams throughout the University to ensure successful communication of desired message
- Social media experience is preferred; experience with community management/monitoring and analytics is a plus
- Must be detail-oriented, team-focused, and strong in client relations
- Experience in other aspects of marketing and communication preferred
Prefer experience with CisionPoint, email management software, Sprout Social,
Critical Mention, WordPress, T4, Adobe Creative Suite, and Dynasign (digital signage product);
Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style is also important.
REQUIRED OPERATION OF UNIVERSITY OWNED VEHICLES
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE DIRECT ANIMAL OR PATIENT CONTACT*
Irregular Hours, None
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
QUICK LINK FOR POSTING
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty.