Communications Manager 1/21/2020
Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Partners with HR leadership and HR Centers of Excellence (COE) leads to drive employee engagement and adoption of enterprise-wide HR initiatives by developing, implementing and coordinating communication strategies for deployment. The role will work closely with the Senior Content and Internal Communications Manager, and the VP for Content Strategy/Chief Content Officer to ensure that HR communications are aligned and leveraged to support understanding of organizational strategic initiatives, integration imperatives, and cultural change.
- Partners with HR leadership, including Centers of Excellence (COE) to manage the writing and communication needs of at least eight functional areas (including but not limited to Benefits, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Wellness, Compensation, Retirement, Talent Acquisition, and HR Information Systems).This includes understanding and prioritizing projects, developing communications timelines and plans, gaining consensus and executing agreed upon tactics in collaboration with appropriate HR leadership.
- Uses best practices for engaging employees and management to influence behaviors that drive engagement at varying levels enterprise wide and build a high-performing culture that aligns with benchmarks established under the guidance of HR leadership.
- Coordinates with and provides updates to Corporate Communications and communication leads at other divisions at regular meetings and through collaboration software; ensures cohesive alignment and scheduling of messaging and tactics.
- Monitors and shares success of communication tactics through data reporting and refines strategy as appropriate.
- Develops, manages and facilitates HR content for employees using enterprise platforms, printed materials and other internal channels as appropriate.
- Regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as the use of digital technology and platforms, video, graphic design, demos and webinars, etc.
- Writes, proofs and edits HR communications and employee-related documents for clarity and consistency; ensures all communications are aligned with HR/corporate brand identity.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors and other staff consistent with values of Jefferson.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Consulting: Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business communications guidance and counsel to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Internal Resource Coordination/Project Management: Knowledge of the techniques, tools and applications associated with coordination of internal resources, ability to multi-task, manage projects, synchronize and integrate activities and responsibilities, and command and control structures to ensure that internal resources are used most effectively
- Organizational Knowledge: Knowledge of the organization's vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
- HR Trends and Direction: Knowledge of and ability to apply information from the marketplace, developments and trends related to Human Resources (HR) functions in various environments.
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience as a communicator in health care, higher-education or related industry preferred.
- Must be a strategic and business-savvy thinker who is highly organized and hands-on project manager; skilled multi-tasker who can institute and sustain process and workflows in a complex environment.
- Must also possess solid writing skills and be independent, resourceful, solutions-oriented, curious, and a highly-motivated team player who embraces a fast-paced environment and enjoys exploring new technology.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel; working knowledge of photo editing software and Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with basic video editing tools and understanding of social media channels.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.