Communications/Navigation Engineer, Senior* 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: Communications/Navigation Engineer, Senior
Job Location: Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Communications/Navigation Engineer, supporting the KC-46 Division (AFLCMC/WKC), Wright Patterson AFB, OH. AFLCMC/WKC directs the development, test, production, deployment, and sustainment of the KC-46 aircraft, support, and training systems.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
BAsic Engineering Support
* Apply an understanding of DoD, AF, and common engineering/scientific principles, processes, and procedures to improve the performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems.
* Have an understanding of applying MIL-HDBK-516C Airworthiness Certification Criteria, to aircraft systems and subsystems. Support the System Integrity Programs including Mechanical Systems Integrity Program (MECSIP), assist in maintaining and updating the Critical Safety Item (CSI) list, and monitor airworthiness certification for mission partner aircraft. Understand and execute Air Force Policy Directive (AFPD) 62-6, USAF Airworthiness, associated AFIs and Airworthiness Bulletins through standardized processes and issuance of flight authorizations.
* Assist in translating user requirements into weapons system requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate weapons systems, subsystems, and equipment for eventual fielding and deployment. Assist with the development of requirements and technology needs into action plans and policies necessary to improve and retain world-class manufacturing, operations, re-manufacturing, and de-militarization/disposal of weapon system capabilities within the USAF. Assist in performing technical/mission analyses of existing and future operational requirements, assist in developing system concepts, and perform technological/trade-off assessments of proposed designs/modifications. Assist in providing rapid response engineering service and support as augmentation to organic resources through in-depth problem identification, impact assessment, and development of corrective actions for critical supportability problems. Support and assist in conducting the system safety engineering program, including mishap risk assessments; evaluating contractor safety proposals and safety analyses; evaluating safety concerns of using and support commands; and assisting with resolution of high priority safety issues.
* Assist in performing material solution analyses leading up to design reviews. Assist in producing or supporting the development of draft documentation and presentation materials as requested or necessitated by programmatic limits based on cost, schedule, and performance.
* Assist in translating user requirements into system requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate systems, subsystems, and equipment for deployment.
* Assist in providing support to produce or review products that include the following: technical evaluations/plans; engineering studies, reports, and analyses; and acquisition strategies/plans such as: ICD; Operational Requirements Document (ORD)/CDD; CONOPS; CPD; System Requirements Document (SRD); System Specification; RFPs; System Engineering Plan (SEP); Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP); Test Acceptance Procedures (ATPs); Program Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health Evaluation (PESHE); information support plan; PPP; Technology assessment/Control Plan (TA/CP); emerging technology assessments and Technology Transition Plans (TTPs); Information Assurance Strategy (IAS); Security Classification Guide (SCG); Alternative Live Fire Test and Evaluation Plan; Clinger-Cohen Act (CCA) compliance; Consideration of Technology Issues; Data Management Strategy; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Survivability Assessments; Net-Centric Data Strategy; Spectrum Supportability Determination; Technical Data Rights Strategy; Technology Readiness Assessment (TRA); Manufacturing Readiness Assessment (MRA); and other program/technical documents as required.
* Assist in developing and collecting technical data and inputs for staff summary packages and executive briefings to support coordination and signature of all associated documents for milestone approvals. support project team meetings, working groups, and reviews as needed, such as: SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, TCM, TIM, FCA, PCA, PRR, PMR, and other meetings/working groups/reviews as applicable.
* Assist in analyzing equipment and software deficiencies; make recommendations for equipment and software deficiency corrections; and assist in developing, integrating, and testing equipment and software deficiency solutions.
* Assist the USG in the engineering evaluation of prime and subcontractor recommendations for operational and support issues including but not limited to evaluations of Advance Change Study Notices (ACSN), ECPs, Contract Change Proposal (CCPs), FAA bulletins, modification proposals, DMSMS, program risk, and related documents.
* Assist in the development and evaluation of IMP, IMS, and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule (SEDS) engineering cost estimates.
* Perform, as required, an advisory role for program weapon system contractor source selections on all engineering related requirements.
* Assist the USG in the performance of disciplined engineering activities to assure OSS&E for all products. Follow the Life Cycle Systems Engineering (LCSE) and OSS&E related AFIs and all lower-level supplements and related documents including applicable OIs.
* Assist with establishing, implementing, and adhering to LCSE processes to ensure OSS&E compliance is achieved and maintained. Aid the Air Force in reviewing and updating the OSS&E baseline document and shall support the Air Force in the identification of OSS&E elements, progress reporting of OSS&E metrics, and interaction with other organizations to ensure continued OSS&E compliance.
* Assist with the implementation of the SEP throughout program operations and advise the USG of pertinent shortfalls or gaps for which corrective actions may be needed.
* Participate in value stream mapping activities and Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFSO21) program facilitation.
* Understand the AFSO21 initiative and shall be able to apply and facilitate performance improvement events and actions to ensure the use of best engineering practices.
* Assist in translating production and operational requirements into design, fabrication, and testing objectives. Also provide analysis and recommendations to systems suitability for installation, functionality, and reliability of systems and readiness of existing manufacturing processes.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability