Communications Specialist, San Antonio, TX, US ID#16667
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/16/2020
END DATE 2/21/2020
Cherokee Nation Businesses
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONCommunications Specialist, San Antonio, TX, US ID#16667
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division's portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
Cherokee Nation Management and Consulting is seeking a full-time Communications Specialist to provide communications support to the Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center's Public Affairs Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
* Develop strategic communication plans and associated products tailored to target audiences and stakeholders.
* Identify and develop fresh, communication content for internal and external communication channels in alignment with Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center overarching mission and goals.
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in support of communication initiatives.
* Research and data gathering to build communication tools.
* Assist in planning and executing high-level meetings and events, to include recording meeting minutes and developing meeting agendas, presentations and other informational materials.
* Provide event photography and social media support, some of which could take place after regular business hours.
* Create written and visual communication products, such as fact sheets, news stories, press releases, campaigns, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* 3-5 years communications/multimedia/public affairs experience
* Bachelor's or higher degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or similar field required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must be a self-starter with excellent time management and interaction skills and possess a willingness to learn
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills
* In-depth knowledge of AP style and experienced editing capabilities are highly preferred
* Experience writing and creating products for a multitude of communication platforms, including print, radio, web, social media and more
* Event planning experience preferred
* Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred
* Photography skills preferred
* Department of Defense and/or environmental communications experience preferred
* Must include a demonstrable portfolio of successful work
* Work will be onsite with clients at AFIMSC headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, in an office environment.
* Some travel (less than 25%) required.
* The ability to pass a drug screen and background check is required.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues. Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services -- from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense -- for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf