Community Care Special Per Diem 4/9/2019
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
Hudson Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join Our Mission
The Community Care Specialist provides intensive interaction and support to youth and families in need of extra assistance on a one-to-one basis through recreational, educational, cultural and social activities. The position is responsible for assisting the team with supervising, counseling, teaching and supporting children, families and foster families as needed.
* Provide individual treatment and supportive services to youth and families including but not limited to role modeling in the home and community, assistance with homework and/or participation in related education activities, and others as identified in the treatment plan.
* Participate in development of individual service plans.
* Conduct family team meetings with families to discuss on going decision making process etc.
* Function as an advocate on behalf of youth with community agencies and facilitate linkages of children and families to resources.
* Maintain regular communication with guardians, foster parents, and/or biological parents of youth. Assist with youth supervision and provide transportation to youth and families as needed.
* Collaborate with service providers including but not limited to DSS and Mental Health Clinic to ensure the best service delivery.
* Document status and progress made on all goals including but not limited to; educational, vocational, social/emotional, behavioral and personal matters. Completes all reports in timely manner.
* Minimum High School diploma required; Associate's degree preferred.
* Minimum 1 year experience working with youth and families preferred. Experience working in not for profit preferred.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including various hours, nights, weekends and holidays and on call hours.
* Valid Driver's License required dependent upon region
* Travel is required
* Navigating City Public Transportation, may be required, dependent upon region.
* Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
* Skills: organizational and communication skills including attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
* Work up to 19 hours per week
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)