Community Mental Health Trainer - Antelope Valley 6/4/2020
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
Training and Consultation
* Provide training in evidence-based interventions, including Housing First and Assertive
Community Treatment for mental health providers working on FSP teams in Los Angeles County.
* Assist in the development of novel FSP training curricula and protocols, including use of best
practice training techniques, evaluation, and improvement processes for new staff trainings,
advanced trainings, and agency leadership.
* Provide face-to-face consultation to all FSP mental health providers across one Service Area in
Los Angeles County.
* Through weekly support and consultation, assure model fidelity of those directly providing FSP
* Provide consultation support for contract and directly-operated Los Angeles County Department of
Mental Health agencies and clinics.
* Utilize tracking mechanisms to provide regular reports to partner organizations about training
attendance, utilization of weekly consultation mechanisms, and improvements in quality of care on
FSP teams. * Utilize and implement best practice training models.
* Participate in a team developing an Internet-based training curriculum for FSP teams.
Intervention and Training Materials Development
* Develop intervention materials including manuals and skill-building group curricula, participant
handouts, etc. * Develop training materials, including slides, manuals, protocols, and handouts.
* Assist in the adaptation of the FSP learning center for project specific needs, including
development of materials such as training videos, identification of relevant peer-reviewed research
articles, popular media, and other training materials. * Develop advance special topic trainings for use on-line and in-person.
* Assist with CEU applications, tracking and reporting.
* Initiate and perform other duties as assigned.
This is a contract position with eligibility to convert to career. Qualifications
* Advancedndegree in a mental health related field (MSW, MFT, RN, NP, MA, PsyD, PhD ornEdD)-REQUIRED
* Excellentnwritten and spoken communication skills, including the ability to supportntrainees at a distance (via web-based and telephonic consultation)
* Knowledge ofnHousing First, Assertive Community Treatment, Critical Time Intervention, andnother evidence-based interventions
* Demonstratednability to provide training to mental health professionals
* Ability toncommunicate complex information to people with varying levels of education andntraining and different learning styles
* Ability tonoperate personal computers.
* Demonstratedncommand of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, and PowernPoint
* Experiencenin providing training and other adult educational activities
* Experiencenin assisting with educational materials development for dissemination
* Skill innkeeping accurate records with demonstrated attention to detail
* Skill inndeveloping rapport with individuals from diverse ethnic and culturalnbackgrounds
* Demonstratednability to learn and follow procedures and protocols
* Skill innethical and professional behavior
* Ability tonwork effectively and closely with other members of the project team
* Demonstratednability to conduct resourceful problem solving
* Ability tonwork flexible hours-REQUIRED
* Demonstratednability to work independently in the field
* Willingnessnto spend majority of time traveling to clinic and agency sites to deliverntraining and support to FSP providers. Travel will take place throughoutnAntelope Valley (LA County, SPA 1) at least 3 days per week. Other days will benon site at UCLA Westwood office-REQUIRED
* Must have validndriver's license, auto insurance, and access to an automobile-REQUIRED
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.