This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/27/2019
END DATE 8/28/2019
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Compensation Analyst at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Compensation Analyst, you'll conduct administrative and analytical activities to support the development, installation, and administration of Compensation programs, policies, and procedures enterprise-wide. You will study and analyze hourly and salaried jobs and determine market competitive pricing using internal salary data and external market information. You'll perform activities to support participation in local and national surveys. You'll also provide operational support for exempt, nonexempt, and executive level pay administration programs and audit compensation practices for internal equity and compliance with applicable statutes.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
* Act as lead administrator of the Corporate Rewards and Recognition Program to ensure the consistent application of corporate guidelines, and coordinate with Payroll and Finance to ensure applicable additional earnings are reported.
* Assist in maintaining the market pricing analytical tool and participate in the annual market pricing process for benchmarked positions.
* Assist in researching and developing recommendations for the development of annual Pay Administration Program budget proposals.
* Assist in the administration and maintenance of Executive Compensation Program data, documents, and participation records as needed, including maintaining files, computing incentive information, distributing individual executive compensation plan summaries, monitoring bundled benefits usage, and submitting reimbursement requests to Payroll.
* Assist in updating Compensation Program guidelines, electronic tools, and communication materials, and in conducting activities to assist/alert Human Resource personnel and Work Team Leaders of program changes.
* Conduct market pricing analysis for new or modified positions to determine appropriate targeted compensation and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status. You will ensure that position targeted compensation is consistent with the Herman Miller Compensation philosophy and competitive within regional markets.
* Maintain an awareness of new trends or methods of compensating employees and recommend changes in existing programs to improve their effectiveness.
* Monitor the job description process flow to ensure prompt response to administrative requests and/or the assignment of job analysis activities.
* Monitor Temporary Pay Adjustment Program adjustment processing.
* Participate in the annual merit pay increase and semiannual production/service worker and skilled trades merit increase processing, providing help desk functions for users.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Aid in the facilitation of the annual survey participation process, coordinating timely and accurate data submission along with updating appropriate software with survey results.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
* A Bachelor's degree in a Business-related area or equivalent experience.
* Two to three years of experience in a professional level analytical or customer consulting-related position. Two years of experience in a Human Resources or Compensation function is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated analytical, customer consulting, and/or math-related skills.
* A proven ability to analyze and process detailed information in an accurate and timely manner.
* A proven ability to deal with changing priorities, tight deadlines, and multiple projects.
* A demonstrated ability to maintain confidential data with the highest level of integrity.
* The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment, with a demonstrated proficiency with the use of tables, graphs, and formulas.
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.