Compensation Analyst 12/10/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Compensation Analyst
Take Ownership of a New, Impact Position Focusing on Complex Compensation Programs for Diverse Sides of a Unique Energy Business
Spotlight your subject matter expertise while fulfilling a critical corporate HR function and taking compensation programs to the next level.
If you combine outstanding data analysis skills with proven compensation program design and implementation experience, the role of Compensation Analyst with Par Pacific offers a variety of interesting challenges and opportunities. Consider, you will:
- Make a strong and visible impact by gathering and analyzing data to inform decisions around our retail/convenience store, refinery and logistics businesses, building upon our current compensation activities, influencing strategy, designing programs and more.
- Play a critical new role on a talented and growing HR team. You will work closely with skilled leaders, including the Director of Total Rewards and Vice President of Human Resources.
- Bring your vision and knowledge to a growing and expanding organization with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Add to your skillset as you learn our businesses and markets from Texas to Washington, Hawaii and more, as well as positions at every level in our retail, refining and corporate teams.
- Enjoy the entrepreneurial energy of a fast-growth organization built on a strong foundation of success.
- Showcase your talent and potential to take on additional responsibilities or pursue advancement.
- Earn competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Based in Houston, Texas, Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses in Hawaii, Wyoming, Colorado, Washington and Idaho. Our strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure companies with attractive competitive positions. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy, and our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE MKT under the trading symbol \\"PARR\\". Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Compensation Analyst opportunity, you will have: Education
- A bachelor's degree, ideally in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or similar; a master's degree is a plus
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
- Extensive experience (5+ years) with compensation survey benchmarking, analysis and pay program design
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to independently complete in-depth analyses and to effectively present findings
- Excellent computer skills including:
o High proficiency in Excel, including the ability to manage and synthesize large data sets
o Familiarity with major HR system platforms, SuccessFactors or SAP HCM preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations related to compensation, employee benefits, and general human resources practices.
- Technical knowledge of competitive compensation practices and state and federal legal requirements
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team member
- Energy and/or retail industry experience is an advantage
Reporting to the Director of Total Rewards, as Compensation Analyst, you will join our growing Human Resources team and play an essential new role responsible for influencing the design and implementation of compensation programs through data collection and analysis, interpretation, and recommendations.
As Compensation Analyst, you will serve as a hands-on, individual contributor - the driver of heavy data focused on job evaluation, benchmarking, market competitiveness and more.
*You'll clearly differentiate the various sides of the business, initially concentrating on our retail businesses, but also looking at refinery and logistics operations.
*You'll work closely with HR leaders to present key information which will be leveraged to drive strategy, earning a seat at the table where decisions are made, and supporting the presentations of your analyses by providing the fine details.
More specifically, you will:
- Participate in strategic design and implementation of the company's compensation programs, ensuring competitiveness in relevant markets and alignment with corporate total rewards philosophy
- Identify and evaluate potential market data resources, complete local, regional and national compensation surveys, analyze compensation markets and trends, and develop associated compensation structures
- Lead deployment of annual compensation planning cycle and systems, provide leadership and guidance to HR and management clients throughout the process and collaborate with Human Resources team to ensure effective execution of base pay, short-term and long-term incentive programs
- Proactively monitor compensation and total reward best practices and process improvement opportunities
- Complete job analysis activities including job documentation, job evaluation, determination of FLSA exemption status, and evaluation of competitive market rates
- Provide compensation-related support to management and HR clients, resolving business issues related to compensation programs, policies and processes; develop compensation-related communications and training materials
- Monitor legislative and legal developments and ensure ongoing compliance with Par Pacific's compensation programs in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
You are protected by :http://jobinfo.com/file.php?id=56a7c6df400b0