Compliance Communications Analyst 6/3/2020
Brown Brothers Harriman
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPLIANCE COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
COMPLIANCE COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST
The Compliance Communications Analyst will be part of the Public Communications Group within the Compliance Department and will help with the effort to ensure compliance with various federal, state & FINRA regulatory requirements. The Analyst should have familiarity with securities laws and regulations and managing multiple business owners/review deadlines.
In this role you will assist with the review of external firm communications. Review will primarily consist of the firm s social media activity (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs), but will also assist the group with day to day review of marketing material (e.g. market commentaries, product fact sheets, website material).
The Analyst will also assist the Investment Management Compliance Team on various ad hoc projects.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
* Review of Public Communications
* Review public communications (including but not limited to firm s social media activity) for compliance with securities laws, rules, regulations, firm policies, and industry best practices
* Provide guidance on social media program
* Provide benchmarking and advice on BBH s social media program, policy and procedures.
* Provide social media Compliance training to prospective social media business users
* Work with marketing team and social media business users to support the firm s social media program
* Provide ad hoc general support to Investment Management Compliance Team
* Minimum undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.)
* 3+ years of Compliance experience
* Experience with marketing material review preferred (including, but not limited to, review of communications related to mutual funds, private funds, investment advisory and custody services).
* Familiarity with public communications rules and industry best practices for social media communications
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.