Compliance, Global Markets Compliance, Swap Dealer, Associate/Vice President
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/25/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries, audits, examinations and investigations, and liaising with regulators (SEC, CFTC & NFA)
* Assist the Swap Dealer team with advisory coverage of swap dealer including the sales and trading activity in the U.S. office, as well as the global impact of the relevant U.S. regulations
* Serve as an escalation point for non-compliance issues and assist with managing non-compliance issues
* Assist in drafting CCO annual reports for the firm's SD entities
* Assess the effectiveness of all in-scope CFTC rules
* Develop and maintain reports for review by senior management in Compliance
* Assist in the development and implementation of the Firm's Security Based Swap Dealer (SBSD) compliance program, including facilitating SBSD registration.
* 3+ years experience in CFTC, SEC, NFA swap dealer regulations
* Experience writing a d implementing policies and procedures, as well as remediating existing ones
* Strong overall product knowledge and regulatory experience within the OTC derivatives and swap dealer businesses
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage processes and key internal stakeholders
* Work effectively with personnel in different office locations and in different time
* Have project management experience involving large groups
* Keep strategic direction in mind while still working on detailed tasks
* Bachelor s degree level educated within a relevant field
* JD preferred but not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity