Compounder in Training - Night Shift 8/22/2020
Nice-Pak Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.
We're currently looking for a Compounder in Training - Night Shift at our Mooresville, IN location.
This is a rotating, 12 hour position, working 6 pm -6 am on a 2-2-3 schedule
Compounder-In-Training (CIT) is a transitory position and shall end when the training to be a Compounder is complete. The CIT shall be responsible for safety pertaining to all employees working or present in the Compounding area. The CIT is also responsible for batch integrity and ensuring all personnel working in the compounding department adhere to Nice-Pak Products, Inc. Policies, Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI) for batching liquid and or the conveyance of liquid to converting equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* CIT shall be responsible for proper batching of all liquids in a timely manner, keeping up with the production schedule and other responsibilities of the day.
* CIT shall adhere to required FDA regulations, Nice-Pak SOPs and WIs, and ensure that all persons working or visiting the Compounding area safely follow SOPs and WIs. CIT shall wear required protective clothing and protective gear for this job and for chemical usage as detailed in specific MSDS s.
* CIT is responsible for safely transferring chemical from and to necessary locations, and ensuring that appropriate chemical inventory transactions are done accordingly. This will involve certification and proper use of stand-up forklifts.
* CIT is responsible for maintaining clean areas in the chemical warehouse and in the entire compounding department, and areas under and around liquid tanks not directly connected to the compounding area. Each shift shall present a clean department to the next shift.
* CIT shall maintain proper storage of all chemicals, utilizing FIFO consumption of all chemical and supply lots.
* CIT shall follow all ISO and cGMP Nice-Pak work instructions and standard operating procedures.
* CIT shall ensure that all records are completed and ready for processing/filing i.e. Log entries, Batch sheets, D.I. System check sheets, Waste Treatment entries, Boiler Check sheets, etc.
* CIT shall at times in the performance of their duties be responsible for safely handling hazardous chemicals, i.e.; Hydrochloric Acid and Sodium Hydroxide, and be responsible for adhering to appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets, SOPs, and labeling procedures.
* CIT shall progress in training to achieve compounder level status at specified time in training program.
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
* Functional experience working in a fast pace, time sensitive, environment
* Strong attention to details, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong organizational skills such as the ability to multitask and prioritize work functions
* Solid analytical skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Must be able to perform basic arithmetic calculations
* Must be able to pass series of tests related to Compounding duties
* Must be physically capable of performing job
* Compounding or batching experience preferred
* Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly over the period of a 12-hour shift
* Ability to climb steep stairs and walk on catwalks
* Ability to drive and be certified on a stand-up forklift
* Ability to correctly measure, calculate and make conversions
* Ability to read, comprehend, and follow detailed work instructions
* Ability to use computers to complete inventory adjustments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)