This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/10/2019
END DATE 4/24/2020
Mount Auburn Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPUTER OPERATOR/TECHNICIAN
MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL - CAMBRIDGE, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monitors daily operation of on-line and batch processing computer systems. Takes corrective measures after interpreting console messages. a. Maintains hardware and network problem repair log. b. Provides telephone support Help Desk for end user system problems.
2. Interfaces with software vendor support staff for resolution of software and operating system errors.
3. Diagnoses peripheral and printer failures and repairs or replaces equipment as needed.
4. Produces and distributes reports, and diskette downloads to respective departments.
5. Interfaces with computer hardware service personnel and environment repair personnel to assist in hardware error detection and correction.
6. Maintains up/down time logs for all systems.
7. Notifies operations manager of low levels of stock supplies.
8. Maintains log of various system checks to ensure proper system operation.
9. Tests and configures all personal computer hardware connected to HIS Through LAN.
10. Assumes responsibility for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting personal computers and associated peripheral equipment, including upgrades to hardware and software.
11. Interacts effectively with Help Desk to resolve PC issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of computer operating techniques, procedures, and equipment, as normally acquired through completion of one year training in computer operations in order to run computer produce output.
2. Approximately three months of on-the-job experience, to gain familiarity with hospital computer equipment, testing procedures, record keeping requirements, etc.
3. Interpersonal skills to occasionally gather and exchange information with programming personnel when resolving system problems, or discussing test results.
4. Ability to concentrate, and pay close attention to detail, when operating computer.
5. Ability to understand and troubleshoot personal computer, network, computer terminal, and printer peripheral equipment.
6. One year of personal computer troubleshooting experience. Detailed knowledge of PC peripherals, including cd/dvd drives, USB memory sticks, scanners.
Mount Auburn Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer wonderful opportunities for advancement, so you re sure to find a position that suits your unique skills here.
We value equality and are committed to maintaining an environment in which employees, patients, and visitors are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.