This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONConcrete Superintendent (Hands on) Kissimmee FL or surrounding area
Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic to fill the position of a Concrete Superintendent. The superintendent will build and manage a schedule, production, quality control, safety, customer satisfaction, and will be an integral part in planning the next steps for the company including actively interviewing, vetting, and hiring new crew members, equipment inventory, new vendor partners and the management of company policies and procedures. We are looking for someone that has a CAN DO attitude!
We are one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience. Our OJT (On the Job Training) program will allow you to move up in our company as your skill set expands.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Supervise & collaborate on heavy highway, earthwork, and underground utilities projects.
* Communicate with customers and foremen to effectively schedule quality production.
* Schedule man power for rod busting, place, finish, demo, sawing, hauling, etc.
* Check in and check out materials and equipment from the job sites as needed.
* Routine maintenance of work truck, trailers, equipment, and other company property.
* Submit daily reports for crew and sub time sheets, work done, purchases, change order work & weather delays.
* Self-performed experience of concrete is required.
* Responsible for ensuring project execution goals are met.
REQUIREMENTS: * 5 recent years of Commercial/Industrial heavy concrete experience - as a Concrete Superintendent
* Active Driver license.
* Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: * Bachelor s degree in Construction Management or Engineering is strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, excel and outlook.
* Good organizational and communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * Monitor all personnel to ensure safety and PPE requirements.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and occasionally objects weighing more than 50 pounds
* Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
* Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
* Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labor under adverse field conditions
* Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively recruiting women and minorities for all open positions.
Powered by JazzHR