Configuration Specialist I 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Configuration Specialist will be responsible for coordinating with the ATIS project leader, group supervisor and functional team peers to integrate customer requirement data into a training system for scheduling and resource management to support student training and academic records. The Training system will provide a common operational picture of the training environment in 5 integrated capability areas: Training Development, Training Management, Training Enterprise Scheduling, Learning Content Management, and Training Resource Management. These capabilities will enable the DOD client in planning and preparing for operational, institutional and self-development training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Perform intermediate level functions (assign permissions, configure event details, create and assign resources, interpret schedule requirements) within the training system
* Transfer data from various data formats into the training system or database systems
* Input data provided directly to training system from customer requirements
* Organize data structure within training system to reflect customer requirements
* Assist in determining schedule requirements based on syllabus
* Assign user permission levels across multiple subsets of data
* Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
* Participate in the following meetings: Program Increment, Daily Stand-Up, Iteration Reviews, Retrospective and Backlog Refinement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Requires 2 to 4 years experience with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA or 8 to 10 years with High School Diploma
* Experience working in a Learning Management System (LMS), Human Resource Management System (HRMS) or Event Scheduling system
* Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
* Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
* Basic understanding of relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL)
* Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work well with others
* Great attention to detail
* Previous participation in Agile projects.
* SAFe and/or DevOps implementation experience.
* Military training experience
* Experience with training management systems
* Familiarity with GTIMS, ARTS and/or DTMS
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* INCUMBENT MUST HAVE OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN SECRET CLEARANCE
* This job operates in a professional office environment.
* This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to operate personal computer and communicate via telephone
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION THE CONTRACTOR WILL NOT DISCHARGE OR IN ANY OTHER MANNER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT, DISCUSSED, OR DISCLOSED THEIR OWN PAY OR THE PAY OF ANOTHER EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT. HOWEVER, EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THE COMPENSATION INFORMATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS AS A PART OF THEIR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS CANNOT DISCLOSE THE PAY OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT OTHERWISE HAVE ACCESS TO COMPENSATION INFORMATION, UNLESS THE DISCLOSURE IS (A) IN RESPONSE TO A FORMAL COMPLAINT OR CHARGE, (B) IN FURTHERANCE OF AN INVESTIGATION, PROCEEDING, HEARING, OR ACTION, INCLUDING AN INVESTIGATION CONDUCTED BY THE EMPLOYER, OR (C) CONSISTENT WITH THE CONTRACTOR S LEGAL DUTY TO FURNISH INFORMATION.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.