Construction Center Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/29/2020
Morton Buildings Inc.
Iowa City, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCONSTRUCTION CENTER ADMINISTRATOR
* Iowa City, IA, USA
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the Industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers Nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Construction Center Administrator (CCA) is a full time position that involves working in one of our many local construction centers. Individual will be working with local sales/construction and corporate personnel on a daily basis. The Administrator will be accountable for a wide range of responsibilities to support and promote the local construction center and all of its activities. Many of the daily responsibilities will be achieved using state of the art computer programs and equipment. Solid computer and organizational skills are a must in maintaining the level of expectation that is required to achieve full potential for this position.
* Meet and greet customers in a welcoming/pleasant manner in person or via other communication methods including phone
* Answer professionally all communications arriving into office, compile messages and direct to personnel in appropriate method and time period as deemed necessary or instructed
* Create and maintain a positive/professional attitude towards customers and co workers
* Respond to questions customers may have on MBI product or the office, which may at times involve follow up
* Ask pre-determined questions of the customer to help assist them and the Sales Consultant in their buying journey
* Obtain minimal required basics and continue to improve working knowledge of Microsoft CRM, AX (MAX), Excel, Word and Outlook software
* Setup and maintain a professional organized environment in personal work station and reception area of office as per minimal requirements
* Administration and assistance for sales & construction resources consisting of SC, CCM, Crew Foreman, ACS, RSM, RCM, CC Coor., Scissor Lift, Digger in various tasks
* Maintain all MBI processes and policies as per procedure which may include, but not limited to
* Processing of orders and completions in a timely manner
* Building & Repair Orders
* Material Orders (Sales Orders)
* Item Requirement Orders w/ proper Reason Codes & Explanations
* Crew Tool Orders
* Proper usage, filing (Hard file and electronic) and retention of MBI forms and documents as required per policy
* Checking and forwarding all vehicle reports and DOT logs to corporate
* Organizing and maintaining all accurate record collection for corporate at local level
* Bills, PA checks and credit card transactions
* Personnel Time Entry/Posting and Crew Roster updates completed
* Creating and sending various communications to customers
* Assembling and printing of various reports for management
* Accident/Safety reporting
* Proficient CRM and MAX data input
* Maintain company, customer, business associates, employment applicants, and personnel confidentiality
* Acknowledge and inform job applicants of position openings status, instruct on completing employment application and final review for completeness
* Coordinate new crew personnel with onboarding process (Orientation Day-8 Hr.)
* Attend meeting and training sessions as needed, some may require overnight travel
* Coordinate, train and maintain (ready to step in) back up assistants or fill in personnel (Temp.)
* Mail and package pickup / drop off s as required, in company vehicles whenever possible.
* Dress in appropriate professional attire as outlined per company policy
* Attendance for an open office during customer hours is Monday through Friday 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm (Less Holiday Schedule). Additional hours may be required at times during the year.
* MBI business is to be conducted during customer/company hours (Personal business such as internet surfing, Facebook, E-bay, texting, book reading, etc. is prohibited during these time periods)
* Individual will adhere to MBI core values/ethics and be a good company representative
* Minimum of associates degree or 2 years of customer contact work related experience
* Must have a pleasant personality with above average people and communication skills (Written & Verbal)
* Positive attitude, self-starter and good work ethic with minimal supervision
* Regular attendance required per stated times above and be willing to work overtime if requested
* Be able and willing to attend meeting and training sessions (some may be overnight business travels). Business travel should be attended by individual only.
* Able to multi task several projects at one time
* Have or desire to develop a thorough knowledge of our business practices and policies
* Ability to adapt to new technology and programs
* Team player willing to work with others and assist with special projects as needed
* Must have average or better computer skills that include being proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Possess above average organizational skills
* Professional attire as outlined per company policy
* Able to work in a sometimes fast paced environment
* Ability to maintain confidential information
* Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
* Paid holidays, paid vacation, and sick time
* Profit sharing
* Life insurance plan
* Optional payroll savings plan
* Optional short/long term disability insurance
* ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement drug screen.