Construction Commercial Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/20/2019
END DATE 1/22/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONConstruction Commercial Manager
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Acts as a lead in commercial management oversight across expansion construction projects.
* Leads others in planning and engaging with contractors and working closer with corporate development in planning
* Approves budgets and increasing levels of sophistication of reporting and addresses straightforward issues escalated
* Reviews recommendations and pricing from vendors
* Reviews contract documents for execution, provides inputs to legal if leveraging lawyers
* Resolves complex contractual claims and disputes (e.g. extensions of time, final accounts) by gathering information and preparing materials from comparable situations to address claim
* Manages risk across multiple reports and devises strategies to mitigate risk
* Coordinates with the business at an increasing level (e.g. P&L Managers, Real Estate, Legal, Ops, Corp Dev)
5+ years of professional experience ideally in data center or mission critical system design and construction and costing * RICS Accreditation
* Royal Institute Chartered Surveyor
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.