Construction Engineer (Infrastructure)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/14/2019
END DATE 2/11/2020
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONBecome Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care & Medical Care)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty is seeking Construction Engineers for the Southern Gateway joint venture project in Dallas, Texas. General contractor, Balfour Beatty US, in a joint venture with Irving-based Fluor Enterprises have landed a $625 million roadway reconstruction and improvement project along 35E and U.S. 67 at the southern gateway of Dallas.
Pegasus Link Constructors (PLC) LLC, comprised of two of the world's largest, most experienced design-build firms: Fluor Enterprises Inc. and Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Inc. Their successful 10-year partnership has resulted in many design-build projects in Texas over the last 15 years.
* Coordinate with Project Superintendents and Foreman to ensure compliance with project plans and specifications in a safe and efficient manner.
* Review plan takeoffs and tracking of installed quantities.
* Review and approve time cards for accuracy and proper cost allocation.
* Ensure all labor, equipment, and material costs are properly allocated.
* Coordinate delivery of materials.
* Coordinate with survey crew to ensure timely lay out.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* 1+ year of experience on civil construction projects.
* Internship(s) or Co-ops with a civils or construction company is highly desired.
* Local Dallas/Fort Worth candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm , we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.