Construction Inspector Trainee 8/21/2020
Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
Virginia Beach, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID
# of Openings
US-VA-Williamsburg | US-VA-Richmond | US-VA-Virginia Beach
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is hiring Construction Inspectors at all levels to work on American Infrastructure projects in Williamsburg, VA and surrounding areas. This is an opportunity for a lucrative career in the engineering and construction field that promotes a healthy lifestyle with tangible contributions to society. American infrastructure construction is a growing industry and Dewberry is seeking to hire and develop talent that will become some of the top contributors in the market. Dewberry s diverse service portfolio will offer plenty of opportunities for career development including specialty inspection, construction management, and management career tracks. Dewberry offers excellent benefits including a work vehicle, 401k, paid time off and overtime, and educational reimbursement.
* Construction inspectors monitor and report on the work of contractors to ensure that the construction meets required quality standards.
* Quality inspection in infrastructure is essential as the projects we work on affect millions of people and are designed to last for a very long time.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* High school graduate or GED equivalent is required
* Ability to follow directions, undertake necessary training, and gain applicable inspection certifications
* Computer, smartphone, and tablet skills and is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, email and the internet
* Valid driver's license and qualified to drive company vehicle
* Must pass criminal history background check *
* Authorization to work in the United States *
Preferred experience and qualifications
* Prior experience in the construction or engineering fields.
* Degree or completed coursework in Engineering, construction or related field.
* Completed training or certifications from VDOT, NICET, ACI, AWS CWI, NACE, WACEL, APWA, IAIE, CMAA, or other governing body is a major plus.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.