Construction Installer OSP 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Reserve Power applications, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
Provides general field support for projects as directed by the Field Manager. Performs construction and maintenance construction and maintenance of fiber optic, coax and telecom lines. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Interpret buried underground and aerial telecom facilities in records, on maps and in the field with clarity and detail and make recommendations for changes in running line or construction methodologies
* Work with customer's specifications
* Operate equipment as necessary to complete jobs, i.e. bucket truck, digger derrick, tensioners, rope rigs, lashing equipment, etc.
* Connect and disconnect, install and remove, move and transfer various communication devices on customer's facilities, i.e. taps, line extenders, amplifiers, power distribution boxes, splice enclosures, etc.
* Perform storm restoration
* Perform various duties related to customer service including service changes, troubleshooting service outages
* Instruct and trains construction apprentices
* Comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to company, state and federal laws
* Maintain inventories of material and equipment for regional use, and transports needed equipment to the job site
* Maintain a close interface with the team and with customers regarding schedules, quality, and standards
* Implement customers standards of safety, installation quality, processes, and communication methods
* Enforce standards of professionalism, quality, safety, metrics, and processes
* Accurately track all time and expenses, and report back to the project management office using approved methods
* Support sales team, cultivating customer relationships, identifying opportunities, and delivering consistent quality and value
* Assist managers in developing installer teams with a range of classification levels
* Travel expected (50-75%)
* High school diploma
* 4-6 years of experience in construction installation or related field
* Strong interpersonal, listening, and communication skills
* Ability to add or remove Common Systems equipment hardware
* Ability to add or remove wiring and connections
* Knowledge of the OH/UG construction principles
* Ability to obtain valid Class A CDL driver's license within 90 days of hire date
* Ability to climb poles of various heights or receive certification for pole climbing
* Good interpersonal, communication skills
* Good organizational, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Understand basic and advanced OH/UG construction principles
* Proficient in all phases OSP construction
* Minimum of three years' experience as an OSP construction installer
* Knowledge of line construction such as installing anchor holes, framing poles, setting poles, stringing & sagging, over-lashing, installing down guys, and installing pad mount gear
* Basic skills with Microsoft Office applications
* Associates degree in a related field
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
* This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company s driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
* This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
* Risk of electrical shock.
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque