This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/20/2019
END DATE 4/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY DESCRIPTION
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Construction Manager is in charge of monitoring and maintaining contractors in the field. Working with a Project Manager, the Construction Manager will be the eyes and ears in the field to address contractor questions and remedy gating issues in real time through communication with the Project Manager and OSP Director. This role is critical to the integrity of our network deployment and will often oversee a team of inspectors to make sure that the contractors are meeting Zayo standards.
* Coordinate and implement network and customer orders.
* Meet with contractors and internal Zayo personnel to establish timelines; develop and maintain construction budget information.
* Identify building/site locations for equipment installation throughout the area to support Customer Telecommunications Services at such sites with assistance of vendors and local personnel, which may require site walks and designs for landlord/customer approvals of such equipment installation. Typical sites can vary from the following:
o Zayo POP facilities
o Commercial, industrial or residential buildings
o Colocation providers
o Private property owners
* Manage inside plant construction including validating on-going expenses and supervising all construction activities.
* Manage an RFP process for all contractor work.
* Manage material purchasing for projects.
* Consistently research ways to reduce Zayo expenses.
* Develop and maintain written procedures as required.
* Prepare weekly reports detailing activity
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* 7 years experience in the construction/or telecommunications industry.
* Must have 4 years of familiarity with all types of inside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
* Must be able to manage aggressive construction schedules.
* Proficiency with Excel is of utmost importance, also required are Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Google Earth, and Salesforce.
* Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
* Familiar with DC power systems, grounding systems, electronic equipment installation.
* Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
* Some travel (~40%) required. This role will be responsible for serving a broad geographical area.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all personnel.
* High energy individual with strong work ethic.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops team.