Construction Project Coordinator, Washington, DC ID#17667 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Construction Project Coordinator, Washington, DC ID#17667
Cherokee Nation Environmental Solutions (CNES) specializes in comprehensive construction project planning, management and execution. We provide both design-build and design-bid-build construction management, including pre-construction services, estimating, scheduling, general contracting, program and project management, and quality control and safety management. CNES is a tribally owned 8(a) that is HUBZone certified.
The Construction Project Coordinator will provide comprehensive support to overall construction activities. These will include directly working with all levels of responsibility, from the frontline field personnel to the EGM of the sector. This position will have direct contact with the customer/client and will need to be able to represent the company accordingly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
* Manage construction accounts.
* Organize construction related documents.
* Perform vendor identification, tracking setup and tracking.
* Support subcontract requests and tracking.
* Manage purchase order requests.
* Assist in collecting, completing and submitting certified payroll.
* Manage invoice coding and tracking.
* Perform data entry on project logs.
* Assist project team with client billing activities.
* Understand and be able to support the construction submittal process.
* Perform special assignments upon request, providing substantive support and assistance.
* Take lead on facility badging and security requirements.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requires combination of education and experience equal to or greater than 10 years of federal construction administration. May be required to obtain appropriate security clearance required per contract.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to support multiple simultaneous projects and project staffs including field staff and subcontractors in various phases of construction.
* Basic ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents, blueprints, specifications, reports, safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
* General understanding of construction and construction related projects.
* A demonstrated commitment to exceeding expectations in the delivery of safe, quality, cost efficient, and timely service.
* Experience or ability to quickly ramp up to speed with corporate systems such as Deltek, CostPoint, Microsoft Project, and PeopleSoft
* Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to face challenging situations, view from a variety of different angles; assess strength of options, select and implement the best solutions.
* Ability to think on your feet, making effective decisions on a timely basis, sometimes with limited information.
* Outstanding written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
* Competency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project), Prolog Project Management is a plus.
* Extend a professional stature and image at all times.
* Be a high energy self-started that needs minimal supervision to be successful.
* Be highly organized and detail oriented.
This position is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting that will require minimal physical labor, mental and visual effort. May require travel up to 10%.
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal - a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses - is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.