Construction Quality Control Manager 12/5/2019
RQ Construction, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Since 1996, RQC, LLC. has been a leading player in Southern California's robust commercial and governmental Design-Build economy. We now have a national presence with current projects approaching $300M, spanning coast to coast.
Headquartered in beautiful Carlsbad, CA, we are a full-service Design-Build company. We offer management of projects throughout the United States, with our field operations' team members who work on location for each of our projects. We specialize in fast-track projects in new commercial construction for both public and private clients, with a primary focus in the Department of Defense market.
We are looking for future Construction Quality Control Manager candidates to join our Field Operations team. Project jobsite locations include: California, North Carolina, Virginia, and internationally at U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (GTMO). QC Managers are responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing a project-specific quality control program, executing its performance according to contract requirements, completing administrative documentation on time, and cultivating customer satisfaction with the client, all in alignment with RQ\'s Mission, Vision, and Values. Local candidates will be given preference depending on location of project, though relocation or travel to on-site management will be required for the QC Manager position. The QC Manager position must work on-site.
* A BA/BS degree in Industrial/Construction/Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field is the minimum formal education is preferred for this position. A combination of equivalent work experience and training in the field may be qualifying.
* Five or more years combined experience (or equivalent) in commercial construction industry as a Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager, or Project Engineer required, as well as two years\' experience as a QC Manager required.
* A current USACE CQM for Contractors Certificate is required and RMS/QCS training is preferred (training is available).
* Specialty inspection training and licenses/certs highly desired.
* LEED AP, AP+ or Green Associate (GA) Certificate preferred.
* Level 1 EM 385-1-1, CRP, First Aid, OSHA 30-hour certifications required. Training can be provided.
* Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
* Specific software literacy (Viewpoint/Vista, RMS/QCS) preferred.
COMPANY PROFILE: RQC, LLC is a full service contracting and design firm that specializes in Design/Build projects for both public and private clients, with a primary focus on the Department of Defense. Our mission is "to provide our customers the best built environment while being the first choice of all stakeholders."
The firm offers a variety of services including construction, architectural design, trade services, virtual design and construction, and LEED/sustainable design management for projects ranging from $30M to over $100M. RQ's experience includes projects throughout the nation including California, Washington, Virginia and North Carolina, as well as internationally at U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (GTMO). The success of this company has been built on three pillars: Quality, Integrity, and Leadership. Our employees work hard as a team, thrive on innovation and remain committed to being the first choice of our clients as well as all other stakeholders. In return we offer an excellent work environment, very competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity a.