Consumer Data Analyst - Contract Position 7/2/2020
New Balance Athletics, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FOR OVER A CENTURY, NEW BALANCE HAS INSPIRED ATHLETES AND COMMUNITIES OF ALL KINDS IN THEIR PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE. WE INNOVATE FEARLESSLY, GUIDED BY OUR CORE VALUES AND WE ARE DRIVEN BY THE BELIEF THAT CONVENTIONS WERE MEANT TO BE CHALLENGED. WE SEEK LEADERS AND PIONEERS BECAUSE THERE S NO TIME TO WAIT AROUND FOR NEXT. AT NEW BALANCE, WE GOT NOW.
Reporting to the Head of Consumer Analytics, this 12 month contract position will redefine consumer segmentation through advanced analytics that will be used to improve user experiences via personalized services and targeted marketing efforts. As a Data Analyst, you will partner with the team to enhance our understanding of consumer behaviors via data, delivering actionable insights and recommendations. Specifically, this role will lead audience sizing and segmentation partnering with marketing, brand, and site teams to orchestrate audience segments across channels.
* Be cognizant of both short-term and long-term strategy, understanding the immediate needs and turnaround times of audience segmentation execution, but aware of the intent to build long-term member retention and lifetime value.
* Create new ways to evaluate the performance of our audience segmentation, by defining, socializing and tracking new metrics and building new views / reports / dashboards for the business.
* Synthesize behavioral based consumer profiles and insights across consumer touch points to create compelling business opportunities
* Work in cross-functional atmosphere with stakeholders from marketing, product and sales to help drive business goals related to customer acquisition and retention
* Complete Real-time and Ad-hoc data requests to support key stakeholders
* Create dashboards/reports to allow for data visualization
* Work with others to refine and scale data management procedures, systems and workflows
* Collaborate with other data analytic leaders to share and bring best practices to New Balance
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
* Strong analytical skills with ability to translate data analysis into business recommendations. Ideal candidate balances strong data analytics skills with a strategy-oriented mindset
* Organized and detail-oriented with exceptional communication skills.
* Ability to influence cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
* Excellent judgment, strategic thinker, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial.
* Uses sound judgment to identify issues and escalates when appropriate.
* Self-starter; works effectively with little supervision.
* BA or MS in relevant quantitative field (Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering)
* 5+ years relevant professional experience;
* Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches; translating business objectives into actionable analyses.
* Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
* A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
* Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
* Experience with data visualization software (Tableau or Spotfire)
* Extensive experience with relational databases and SQL
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, Matlab or SAS a plus
OUR PRODUCTS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE WE HIRE, SO WE MAKE SURE TO HIRE THE BEST AND TREAT THEM ACCORDINGLY. IN ADDITION TO A COMPREHENSIVE TRADITIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE (MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, 401K, ETC.) WE PROUDLY OFFER A SLATE OF MORE NONTRADITIONAL PERKS OPPORTUNITIES LIKE ON/OFFSITE SEMINARS, CUSTOMIZED TEAM BUILDING SESSIONS, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, AND VARIOUS MENTORSHIP PROGRAMS THAT ENCOURAGE OUR ASSOCIATES TO GROW PERSONALLY AS THEY DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY. YOU LL ALSO ENJOY A FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE, GYM DISCOUNTS, FITNESS REIMBURSEMENTS, AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES, BECAUSE WORK-LIFE BALANCE IS MORE THAN JUST A BUZZWORD IT S PART OF OUR CULTURE.
Learn more about our Benefits
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NEW BALANCE PROVIDES EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE ASSOCIATES AND TAKES AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO ENSURE THAT EMPLOYMENT, TRAINING, COMPENSATION, TRANSFER, PROMOTION AND OTHER TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRIVILEGES OF EMPLOYMENT ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, HANDICAP, GENETIC INFORMATION AND/OR STATUS AS AN ARMED FORCES SERVICE MEDAL VETERAN, RECENTLY SEPARATED VETERAN, QUALIFIED DISABLED VETERAN OR OTHER PROTECTED VETERAN.