Consumer Lending Sales and Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2020
END DATE 9/26/2020
The Washington Trust Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONApply Now
CONSUMER LENDING SALES AND SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Washington Trust Main Office, 23 Broad Street, WESTERLY, Rhode Island, United States of America Req #564
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
Washington Trust is a special place because of our people. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered will achieve personal and professional goals. We hire the best people in the business and are always looking for professionals who will uphold our core values of quality, integrity and community.
Washington Trust has an opportunity for an experienced consumer lending professional to join our Consumer Lending team. The Consumer Lending Sales and Support Specialist will promote consumer lending products across the branch and mortgage origination areas.
The successful candidate will take the lead on outreach efforts to mortgage origination and branch staff and will follow up with customers for direct referrals to provide outstanding customer service.
It is responsible for making loan decisions on all types of consumer loans to ensure that all compliance and company guidelines are met.
The position is based in Westerly, RI. Currently this position is able to work remotely, but is expected to return to in-office work in the future. This position may require some limited travel to other offices to promote products or training.
* Promote and facilitate consumer loan production from mortgage origination and branch staff.
* Respond to inquiries on all aspects of consumer lending including policies, procedures, compliance, underwriting, products, and loan scenarios.
* Support in the origination of home equity lines and loans by following up on direct referrals and coordinating efforts on simultaneous closings with Mortgage Underwriting.
* Approve consumer loans within authority.
* Review competitors consumer loan rates and product structure in various market areas.
* Provide input on operational procedures to maximize departmental efficiency and promote production growth.
* Provide input for training enhancements for origination staff.
* Assist in ensuring consumer lending policies and procedures are carried out by originators.
We are looking for someone who possess leadership and planning skills and who has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Additional requirements include:
* A minimum of five years experience in consumer or mortgage lending. Must be thoroughly familiar with real estate and consumer loan regulations and the required underwriting guidelines and documentation requirements for each type of credit.
* Strong knowledge of loan origination/documentation systems (Encompass and MeridianLink LoansPQ preferred).
* Previous financial products or mortgage industry sales experience required.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
* Strong PC skills including Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills
This position requires NMLS licensing, which may be obtained after hiring.
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and welfare benefits, paid time-off, work-life program, and a 401(k) plan. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered, will achieve personal and professional growth. Apply today and find out why we have been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Rhode Island since 2011!
The Washington Trust Company, and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to cultivating and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. We seek to provide an environment of equal employment opportunity and advancement to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Click Here to view EEO is the law poster . For additional information, please Click Here for EEO supplement poster.