Continuous Improvement/Lean Engineer 1/28/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For over 125 years, OPW has led the way in designing and manufacturing world-class retail fueling, fluid handling and car wash system solutions for the safe and efficient handling and distribution of fuels and critical fluids. OPW makes above ground and below ground products for both conventional, vapor recovery and clean energy applications in the retail and commercial markets. Additionally, OPW supplies loading arms, valves and dry-break couplings, tank truck equipment, rail car valves and equipment, and car wash systems. OPW has manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific, with sales offices around the world. OPW is part of the Dover Corporation, which is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under DOV . To learn more about OPW s 125 years of providing industry-leading solutions, visit our website at www.opwglobal.com.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 29,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what s possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under DOV. Additional information is available at www.dovercorporation.com.
Develop and improve manufacturing functions, processes, and layouts for all Belanger facilities.
* Prepare economic justification for capital equipment procurement and installation.
* Prepare plant layouts and determine process flow.
* Develop and improve manufacturing processes for assembly and manufacturing.
* Determine and provide the infrastructure needed to achieve conformity to product requirements.
* Provide manufacturing design support to R&D for manufacturability and cost reduction.
* Assist in the construction of final new product prototypes.
* Assume or assign the Project Leader position during the manufacturing preparation stage.
* Organize transition of new products from R&D to production.
* Ensure Assembly and Shipping Work Instructions are created.
* Supervise the design and coordinate the completion of Assembly fixtures.
* Assist in training personnel in proper Assembly techniques.
* Prepare pilot production runs.
* Approve part releases for Manufacturing.
* Establish testing procedures and quality checks for production equipment.
* Establish required environmental compliance and OSHA programs.
* Design and implement storage and material handling systems for production.
* Conduct quality control checks and lead continuous improvement changes.
* Coordinate with the Product Engineering Department for smooth transitions of Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), Special Equipment Requests (SERs) and effectively communicate these changes to the employees.
* Observe and enforce all safety rules and PPE requirements applicable to the area.
* Promote and participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
* Supports management in coaching and developing employees, especially in the areas of Lean and Quality.
* Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology is required.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of Lean tools and concepts including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, and Visual Management
* Experience implementing and driving Lean Manufacturing principles preferred
* Understanding of manufacturing processes associated with the production of engineered products is required.
* Computer proficiency in a Windows environment is required, preferably with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
* A minimum of 2 years CAD experience a plus.
* Prior experience using Oracle or similar manufacturing software is preferred.
* Working knowledge of manufacturing materials and construction technologies.
* Estimating skills for manufactured parts cost and assembly time are preferred.
* Knowledge of OSHA and environmental standards is preferred.
* Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Blueprint reading skills are required.
* Knowledge of assembly methods used in all areas is required.
* Effective leadership skills.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process and quality systems.
* Oversee the daily operations of the inspection, non-conforming material and RGA areas.
* Oversee all ISO requirements and take the lead in conducting internal and external audits.
* Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
* Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
* Verify the implementation of solutions.
* Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Michigan : Northville || Americas : United States : Michigan : Novi
Sub Division : Vehicle Wash Systems
Job Requisition ID : 31197.