Contracts Administrator 4 5/2/2020
Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
This position reports to the Manager of National Security and Space Contracts and serves as an integral member of the Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property (CSPP) department. CSPP strives to provide both its internal and external customers with solution-oriented leadership and guidance and is focused on achieving the strategic objectives of the organization while balancing risk and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate has an interest in contributing to the success of the entire CSPP department in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
* Responsible for the negotiation and the administration of Government contracts/subcontracts, consistent with sponsor requirements, compliance obligations and Draper policies and procedures.
* Responsibilities will include interfacing with potential and current customers, submitting proposals, reviewing proposed terms and conditions, negotiating agreements, monitoring performance and closing out agreements.
* Applicant should have a keen interest in Government contracting , possess excellent communication skills, and have the ability to develop solutions to complex problems.
* Collaborate with Program teams and senior leadership to prepare and submit compliant proposals.
* Participate in the negotiation of agreements of high complexity.
* Analyze the risk of terms and conditions that deviate from company policy.
* With support from senior CSPP staff and Legal, as needed, develop and present risk mitigation approaches and recommendations to senior management and/or senior executives, as required.
* Summarize and document negotiations for auditability and compliance.
* Create and manage assigned agreements in the Draper system of record and other repositories.
* Provide guidance on aspects of assigned agreements to ensure conformance with agreement terms and company policy while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Monitor performance, collect documentation, and comply with reporting requirements for the satisfaction of agreement requirements.
* Assist senior management with reporting data and compiling audit information, as required.
* Serve as a customer interface for assigned agreements during the full life-cycle of a program.
* Research complex issues and provide recommendations for resolution.
* Mentor junior CSPP staff to ensure compliance and professional development.
* Support the Department Lead/Manager in interfacing with Programs, Strategic Communications, Legal and Finance to develop new business approaches and winning capture strategies.
* Bachelor s degree with 5+ years of directly related experience; experience in an Intellectual Property-intensive environment (e.g., engineering/technology company, technology transfer office). MA/MBA/JD preferred.
* Working knowledge and understanding of contract types.
* Knowledge of government contracting processes and considerations.
* Experience working with a broad range of agreements.
* Able to handle multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Able to quickly understand processes and ensure adherence to the same.
* Must have an aptitude for performing work functions in a timely and well organized manner without the need for constant oversight.
* Must possess excellent problem solving and communication skills that can be deployed to collaborate effectively with different functional teams on a variety of topics.
* Ability to obtain a US secrect clearance is required which requires proof of US Citizenship.