Contracts Administrator II, San Antonio, TX US ID#16624
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/7/2020
END DATE 2/6/2020
Cherokee Nation Businesses
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONContracts Administrator II, San Antonio, TX, US ID#16624
Cherokee Nation Businesses - Federal Solutions, is looking for a Contracts Administrator II. This exciting opportunity will leverage the candidate's experience in Federal Contracts. With a $120 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 200 contracts and 750+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
The Contract Administrator II is responsible for managing the legal, financial and operational risk of CNB and its subsidiaries by drafting, reviewing and assisting with negotiations on all CNB contracts, as well as storing, maintaining and administering the contracts after execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
* Drafts, reviews and assists or leads negotiations on all standard and non-standard contracts that are required for CNB's business needs.
* Prepares and maintains standard form contracts for recurring business needs.
* Assists Purchasing in identifying the need and implementing master purchase or service agreements with strategic vendors.
* Ensures all contract provisions are in compliance with internal policies and requirements.
* Coordinates internal review by all affected parties and obtains internal and external signatures in accordance with company signature authority.
* Coordinates review and preparation with outside legal counsel when necessary.
* Maintains CNB's central library of all original contracts, related documentation and correspondence, as well as CNB's contract database containing key contract elements.
* Provides periodic reporting of contract activity, including notice of expiration, status of pending agreements and compliance with insurance provisions.
* Assists department heads and executives with contract interpretations and resolution as needed.
* Assist on special projects as assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages multiple projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum Bachelor's degree with 5 years of relevant contract drafting experience or a JD with 2 years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with excellent oral and written communications skills who can work with a minimum of supervision.
* Must be proficient with various software applications such as MS Access, Word, and Excel and PeopleSoft.
* Participation in making decisions regarding contract content is a major component of job duties.
* Must possess the problem solving skills and creativity necessary to define specific contractual requirements and reach mutual agreement between CNB and counterparty.
* Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and be able to prioritize assignments based on internal customer needs.
* Must be able to maintain the highest level of professionalism, confidence and integrity while directly dealing with all levels of internal customers, ranging from individual contributors to CEO.
* Must be able to maintain the highest level of professionalism and integrity while dealing with a wide range of external customers.
* Negotiation and diplomacy skills are critical in dealing with external contacts.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a CNGC Gaming License.
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment. Work may involve high levels of mental and visual strain.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster | EEO is the Law Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA English | EPPA Spanish
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA English | FMLA Spanish
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
This Organization participates in E-verify/Esta Organizacion participa en E-Verify. E-Verify Participation Poster