Contracts Specialist 5/6/2020
Golden Key Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a passion for excellence, Golden Key Group (GKG) helps clients solve their strategic, organizational and operational challenges to better meet their mission demands. We have serviced more than 25 Federal departments and agencies and several large commercial companies since our inception in 2002.
Golden Key Group's talented professionals, combined with our strategic partners, bring a depth of commercial and government experience and expertise. We are relentless in delivering the highest levels of services to provide tangible value and create sustainable results for our clients.
Position: Contract Specialist
Job Summary: In this Specialist role supporting the Maritime Administration (MARAD) - Office of Acquisition, you will perform a variety of functions related to the procurement of supplies and services, ranging from Simplified Acquisitions to more complex multi-million-dollar negotiated acquisitions.
* Exercises responsibility for the procurement of contract requirements.
* Reviews procurement requisition packages, analyzes the requirement, recommends revisions to the statement of work or specifications as necessary, and decides on the type of contract, milestones, and holds acquisition strategy meetings with the program officials. Reviews justifications for sole source and other required clearances and assists the program officials with preparing and/or finalizing documentation, as needed.
* Conducts market research and prepares report to include industry trends, small business designations identified, and recommendation for set-asides and/or exclusions.
* Prepares solicitation documents. Incorporates most updated FAR and DOT clauses and provisions, requirements for technical proposals with appropriate weighing factors, testing procedures, cost escalation factors, cost data requirements, and socioeconomic programs. Solicits proposals from prospective contractors.
* Analyzes proposals for conformance with the solicitation. Performs cost or price analysis, including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness. Coordinates the establishment of a technical evaluation committee to determine acceptability of technical proposals. Obtains required pre award surveys to establish contractor responsibility and obtains audits and pricing reports to develop negotiation strategy.
* Negotiates with potential contractors. Recommends award to contracting officer via award determination memorandums, and ensures all proper procurement package, solicitation, technical evaluation and award documentation is reviewed, finalized and uploaded in the PRISM contract writing system.
* Assists in the administration of contracts, including performance of termination actions, until final delivery and payments are completed and the contract is closed and retired; or works directly with the Contracting Officer's Representative to ensure effective monitoring of contractor's performance through telephone conversations, correspondence, reports, vouchers, and visits for status of contract performance, scheduling, problems that have arisen and proposed solutions, verification of deliveries, and similar activities. Interprets contract provisions for contractors and for program officials and provides appropriate advice and guidance. Negotiates contract modifications.
* Prepares initial agency position on protests from unsuccessful bidders and renders or recommends a decision on claims arising under the contract.
* Assists with preparing written or in-person debriefings
* Conducts post-award conferences; resolves performance deficiencies; conducts all required actions with respect to contract termination; and prepares all supporting documentation (e.g. D & F's, Sole Sources Justification).
* Evaluates proposed contract modifications, analyzes cost and price proposals with respect to modifications, contract changes, and claims; negotiates and prepares contract changes, modifications, and claim settlements.
* Performs price/cost analyses. Analyzes commercial pricing practices applicable to the commodities and the latest economic developments pertaining to increased material, labor, or transportation costs as reflected in the current price indexes. Analyzes cost and pricing data submitted by offerors to substantiate direct and indirect costs and profit. Determines reasonableness of prices or bids offered.
* Knowledgeable of federal procurement laws, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and federal contracting online resources.
* Prepares contracts for closeout.
* Bachelor's Degree required, Masters or Law Degree preferred
* Five (5) years of operational experience in Federal Contracting
* Minimum completion of FAC-C Level II training
* Federal Contracts Manager certification through NCMA Preferred
* Mastery of Federal and Departmental procurement regulation; Comptroller General and Board of Contract Appeal decisions, OMB Directives, Executive Orders, and other outside directives and court decisions, which affect the procurement process sufficient to determine the applicability of all if the above to individual procurement problems.
* Expert knowledge of Federal contracting law, regulation, policies and precedents, and related principles, policies and procedures sufficient to plan, lead, review, or audit the most complex procurement functions.
* Knowledge of the regulations and techniques of source selection sufficient to conduct a selection.
* Skill in promoting e-commerce, and supporting the use of automated acquisition systems, contractor performance evaluation systems, electronic invoicing systems, and other electronic systems facilitating the agency's move to paperless contracting.
Place of Performance: U.S. Department of Transportation, Maritime Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC, 20590
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Golden Key Group (GKG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of GKG to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Golden Key Group (GKG) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By expressing your interest and submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Golden Key Group (GKG) to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should GKG or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related