Control Systems Technician 6/5/2020
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Type:100% ReimbursedJob Posting Title:Control Systems TechnicianJob Description Summary:C&W Services is the industry leader in Integrated Maintenance Solutions providing service to more than 600 companies worldwide and a sister company of Cushman & Wakefield.
C&W Services offers:
Comprehensive Benefits that start on your first day!
Training to work in a Cutting Edge Facility!
A Safety First Culture!Job Description:
About the Role
As a Control Systems Technician, you will focus on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment (MHE) such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply labeling systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets. In addition to developing your skills, you will mentor junior technicians to grow in their roles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Maintain material handling control systems, industrial, motor control systems, servo and frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with Controls Technicians and Mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies
- Utilize Operation System Assessment reports to improve material handling system reliability through preventive maintenance tasks completion and identifies deficiency repairs
- Escalate to operations and network support resources for guidance and assistance to restore equipment back to operational mode with minimal downtime impact for Operations
- Communicate technical issues to RME and Operations Leadership
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 2+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components)
- 2+ years of experience with repair of control network components
- 1+ years of experience with HMI components
- 1+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs
- 1+ years of experience with Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting
- Associates degree in Electronic Technology (or similar)
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in Control Systems troubleshooting/ programming
- Experience supporting a range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Project Management experience with the ability to train others
- Experience with robotic maintenance
- Experience with AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC s and PLC components
- Experience with SCADA systems and KPI s
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.