This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/3/2020
END DATE 1/18/2020
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONA Fresh Approach to Great Results.
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. As a leading corporate dining and hospitality company, we provide quality and nutritious meals with a wellness-first approach, reception services, and property management to over 800 locations nationwide. From respected law firms, financial institutions, professional athletics teams, K-12 independent schools, hotels and conference centers, and more, our approach to hospitality is rooted in our dedication to providing quality service to each and every one of our guests. We believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client; our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices. Join our team today!
Working as a Controller, you are a multi-unit controller in charge of overseeing multiple units. For each unit, you are responsible for ensuring all units correctly conduct their financial reporting including the following: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, monthly and fiscal close, & internal and external audit reporting. You will develop forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities. You will also analyze financial results for both internal and external use and track/ maintain monthly P/L and balance sheet activity.
* Monitors and maintains prompt routine preparation and reporting of retail productivity measures
* Provides personal support and training for unit managers with unit bookkeeping as needed
* Assists with and oversees the monthly close process, providing the bridge between unit management and corporate HQ
* Monitors and improves local controls and accounting procedures where weaknesses are identified at unit level
* Establishes routines for weekly operating and profitability reports, focusing on provision of accuracy and relevant, prompt information for management
* Provides prompt analysis of month end results for the operational team, including unit management
* Prepares detailed and summary forecasts as required
* Leads the preparation of detailed and rolled up annual budgets
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, MBA and/or CPA an advantage
* Five years’ experience with revenue control, financial reporting and cash handling responsibilities
* Three years’ experience in a similar operational accounting or financial reporting role a plus
* Previous similar experience in a retail environment also an advantage
* Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
* Proficient in Excel, Word, knowledge of Access, PowerPoint SAP (spreadsheets and financial accounting software) advantageous
* Ability to travel (20%)
* Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 343681
BRIAN P PANGBORN
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://compassgroup.contacthr.com/73666605.jpg /